• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Has anyone tried the automatic parking function?

PaoloPix

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
Has anyone tried the automatic parking function? Post a video please

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
I did several times. It parks well and all alone. I will do a video.
A question I was asked was what happens if the parking lot has a lot of empty spaces and the answer is: it will either not offer to park or park parallel hehehe

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
Thank you Wawando for the video.
Do you think automatic parking is slow in Macan? It's pretty slow in my i4 eDrive 40

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
It is surprisingly good and I would say fast enough, I would not make it go faster. At the beginning I used the brake to interrupt because I did not know it would go backward and forward.

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
I may be old fashioned, but if you ‘need’ to use an automatic parking function on any car, then you shouldn’t be driving 🤣

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I may be old fashioned, but if you ‘need’ to use an automatic parking function on any car, then you shouldn’t be driving 🤣
If I could send it to go park itself (or come pick me up) when it’s raining, that’d be useful. But we’re not there yet - and the videos showing Tesla cars doing that are downright scary with near collisions.

No self parking for me, I got this. 🙃

OP
OP
PaoloPix

PaoloPix

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
Nice I only found out it was included in the front surround video package after I purchased it.

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
AllanG and tmrqs I could not agree more, I'm a city guy and have been parking in tight spots for as long as I have driven. That said...I am quite happy to have this feature for both my sig other and oldest kid ...both quite competent drivers ...but both, when it comes to parking, yeah let's just say I will ENCOURAGE they use the self park function whenever they feel they need to!! :)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX
Country flag
I definitely don't care much about the self parking. What I wish it did have is the ability to use the app to back the car in and out of a spot while you're not in the car. Very useful for a tight garage or if some a**hat parks so close to your car you can't open the door (I've had to do that a few times with my iX).