• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

How is InnoDrive?

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S ordered PS81NHB4. Jan 25 Delivery
Country flag
Just finally had to drive into work since getting my Macan 4 on Friday. Left earlyish (6:15 am) which allowed me to try out acceleration from say 50 to 70 and such...way, way better than expected. Cant imagine wanting more (yes, with the Macan 4 I do wish for a little more umph from 0 - 25 however).

2nd half of the trip was trying out InnoDrive a bit more, having only tried in fairly straight stop and go traffic over the weekend. I should note we are talking modest traffic, about 50 mph, on Lake Shore Drive in downtown Chicago, coming in from the north, from Belmont to Monroe street. If you don't know this patch of road, know two things: lanes (4 of them) are VERY VERY narrow, and there are two 90 degree turns you really cant do over 40 mph max. Straight for the first half, curvy around the Navy Pier. The left lane (which I was mostly in) is inches from the middle barrier the whole time.

Needless to say, I had my hand on the wheel with a loose grip the whole time, ready to prevent my baby from scraping, or worse!!!

And I never had to take control. InnoDrive worked perfectly the whole trip. Slowed down appropriately for the 90 degree turns and did them perfectly. If one gripe perhaps did not reaccelerate as quickly out of the turns as I would prefer, but not too terrible.

I consider this one of the hardest use-cases out there...very impressed.
I know the road well, that is a good test for sure.