• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

I've Got My Lease Options: What's the verdict?

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
The money factor is very high right now when I asked my dealer told me: 0.00410 which is 9.84% APR. But interest rates on high-yield savings accounts are also high right now, mine is 5% APY.

If I lease the car for three years, then I get interest on the money that I would have otherwise paid to Porsche on day one. I put together a spreadsheet to help me understand lease vs buy cost and for me I estimate the net lease cost will be ~$4,500 more than the cash buy.

I’ve attached the spreadsheet and exported PDF for how I came to this conclusion.

Now I’m weighing whether the benefits of the lease providing me options are worth $4,500. Without Porsche’s $7,500 lease incentive rebate, I would not be leasing.
The question is also can you really get full 5% interest on your savings account?
And also on 5% interest earned, you would be paying tax as well, I presume?
So, I imagine your saving is more than just $4,500 with cash buy 🤔

ericf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
The question is also can you really get full 5% interest on your savings account?
And also on 5% interest earned, you would be paying tax as well, I presume?
So, I imagine your saving is more than just $4,500 with cash buy 🤔
Currently my savings accounts are paying 5% Interest. Fair point on the earned interest being taxed.