• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
NJ - Edison.

Having a tech background I'm not sure how Porsche stuff this up so badly. Fresh from the factory, updates fail.
Catena, ok thanks!

Other dealerships have been able to update the Turbos so I feel it’s more of a tools/training issue at the dealerships than a factory issue.

But for the end user (you and me), it is a Porsche issue, not arguing that.

Doggo

First Name
Doggo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
Porsche excels at Mechanical engineering…

software updates, planning for them, software architecture, and in particular designing complex integrated software systems for future updates is not mechanical engineering…

digital is not Porsche's thing…
Fair, but really what this comes down to is management being stuck in the old way of thinking, and not paying for quality people in tech. I see this all the time in EU. Role that pays 500k in the US, pays 150k in eu "No! We will not pay a computer person that sort of money"

...and here we are.

Doggo

First Name
Doggo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
Catena, ok thanks!

Other dealerships have been able to update the Turbos so I feel it’s more of a tools/training issue at the dealerships than a factory issue.

But for the end user (you and me), it is a Porsche issue, not arguing that.
So what was mentioned is that they couldn't clear fault codes for the updates, so that tracks. There will be a magic sequence that needs to happen, and seemingly they don't know what that is. Either that or parts have to be swapped out. Here I was thinking I'm sick to death or MB bs quality coming from an 63amg.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
So what was mentioned is that they couldn't clear fault codes for the updates, so that tracks. There will be a magic sequence that needs to happen, and seemingly they don't know what that is. Either that or parts have to be swapped out. Here I was thinking I'm sick to death or MB bs quality coming from an 63amg.
after dealing with many cars and many manufacturers I have come to the conclusion "there is no winning" - all manufacturers are great when things are working, and they all fall apart when things don't go to plan - and as complexity increases things rarely these days go to plan…and then we're back to them all sucking

the _ONLY_ thing I've found is that you have to be willing to sit on the sidelines and politely demand that they "fix it"…and if they can't fix it make them buy you out of the product - but there is no "winning".

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
Just came back from my dealership since I felt I wanted to say hi to my turbo baby that has been sitting there for ten days now. What they told me was the following. The cars get transported while they are on some form of transport software. Before they can be sold they need to be switched to the current updated software. Porsche requires dealerships to have certain testers ready for the software update before they can deliver the cars. They are waiting for something to be delivered or downloaded from Porsche. They have four Macans waiting for that to happen. I read something that the launch date for the Macan ev is sep 30. Could it be that Porsche is purposely holding of till that date. The general manager at the dealership told me that download thing they are expecting from Porsche is expected in days and should be involving all us based Porsche dealerships. Not sure how true that is

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Just came back from my dealership since I felt I wanted to say hi to my turbo baby that has been sitting there for ten days now. What they told me was the following. The cars get transported while they are on some form of transport software. Before they can be sold they need to be switched to the current updated software. Porsche requires dealerships to have certain testers ready for the software update before they can deliver the cars. They are waiting for something to be delivered or downloaded from Porsche. They have four Macans waiting for that to happen. I read something that the launch date for the Macan ev is sep 30. Could it be that Porsche is purposely holding of till that date. The general manager at the dealership told me that download thing they are expecting from Porsche is expected in days and should be involving all us based Porsche dealerships. Not sure how true that is
Seeing as several people already got their Macans, I call BS on it being a global (or even national) limitation.

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Acura MDX
Country flag

Except mine is still stuck at port so no, I don't think it's just software related. Porsche just dropped the ball massively on this launch and being my first, I have no idea if this is just how they are.

nalves

First Name
Nuno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
Seeing as several people already got their Macans, I call BS on it being a global (or even national) limitation.
In Oporto, Portugal, they are delivering Macans too. I stopped by my dealership last week and they did already the software update in some Macans.