• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
i think there is a learning curve going on and they seem to be hopefully knowing more and more every day.
Since some of these cars are requiring a hardware replacement and not knowing which ones do need it and which ones dont they are not committing themselves to any timelines. The dealers I meant. The cars that get the software update nice and smoothly will be delivered and the ones like mine which didnt become a guessing game. Will do couple more attempts and the updates could get through and if it doesnt then they trouble shoot which could take days or weeks depending on each dealer experienced techs avaibility. in my case they found a controller causing the glitch or at least I hope they did!!! and instead of trying to fix or update the controller they decided to replace it then another wait kicks in. When the part be released from germany and shipped to either atlanta or the other PC in the US and then shipped to the local dealer where they have to replace the part and try to install the update. Hence I believe why some of us have not been given any time frame because the dealers do not want to be transparent or honest with them.
I am at the stage of wiating for the part that was shipped from germany last thursday

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
They should give us all the known information.
They don’t.
I can’t imagine running my business without providing customers with all relevant information. Oh, I can actually: it would be a failure!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
They should give us all the known information.
They don’t.
I can’t imagine running my business without providing customers with all relevant information. Oh, I can actually: it would be a failure!
in the spirit on honest conversation/discussion…not calling _ANYONE_ out…

I can see both sides of this
  1. I 100% understand/agree with @byebye and can see this perspective, and when given the option this is the preferred outcome
  2. What if you honestly don't know? It's equally bad to provide "false hope" vs. just admitting defeat
I belive the current situation is #2 - Porsche doesn't honestly know nor can they provide reasonable estimates…

the failure is _NOT_ that they do not have a date and are unwilling to provide a date where none exists…that is currently the truth of the matter and is simply a fact that we've arrived here with this product at this time.

the failure here is how did Prosche allow itself to get into this situation? Honestly - OMG - they honestly don't know when they can sell their products or deliver them to customers - that is a serious sh*t show and one that is not what I aspire to by being a Porsche customer - it's a disappointment.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
I also think it’s option 2.
IMO, the failure is that Porsche doesn’t provide us (at least me!) with serious feedbacks (including: we don’t know, it’s a mess), and as a consequence we are unable to make our assessment and make a decision: wait or cancel.
Secondly, they will not offer any discount on the cancel fees. It would cost me 5ke.
That is where I am.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I also think it’s option 2.
IMO, the failure is that Porsche doesn’t provide us (at least me!) with serious feedbacks (including: we don’t know, it’s a mess), and as a consequence we are unable to make our assessment and make a decision: wait or cancel.
Secondly, they will not offer any discount on the cancel fees. It would cost me 5ke.
That is where I am.
this makes me sad -I have no cancelation fees - so it's just frustrating for me but not costly.