• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan PCM - Curated Apps For Android Auto

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
Now that we finally have the first Production Units finally being delivered, do we have any better idea of what ‘curated’ Apps are available for installation in the vehicle?

Whilst we all know YouTube, Spotify are available (and widely publicised from the start), I’ve always wondered whether other Media Apps like Plex, Netflix (? I thought I may have seen that in a review previously) are available - and the behaviour between main & passenger display (stationary vs driving ) and how audio is treated (subject for a future thread).

Should we potentially start a list by Region (US/Europe/Asia)?

US

EUROPE

ASIA

smanooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Just curious if any current Macan EV owners can shed light on what apps are available in the app center section. I believe that's the original purpose of this thread?

Most YouTube videos are from dealerships or reviewers using review units and the app center needs a Porsche user logged in rather than guest mode. This would be for Android Automotive which is the backbone of the Macan EV PCM not Android Auto which is the cell phone connection.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Tomorrow I’ll shot a short video with all the app available in the App Store of my Macan