• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE
Country flag
Wow, that's fast, I thought it would be 12 months - so 4 months from order to to delivery.
Has there been less appetite then initially thought for the UK?
they seem to have completely different queues based on the model.

My 4 order was placed in June with delivery Feb/Mar 25...switching to the 4s made me gain 3 months or so..

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Has anyone deduced why the Turbo is being held back? Especially as the turbo is a higher priced model, it results in higher next margins...
What I was told is they know the demand for the Turbo is lower than more affordable trims, they’re prioritizing volume.
Turbo allocations will seemingly remain more difficult to get.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
I am sure that is what you were told but economics 101 says that makes no sense. They have incurred hundreds of millions of development costs. Basic economic practice says when a manufacturer has incurred staggering costs up front, they want to recoup those costs soonest. If their assembly line is cranking out as many Macan EV’s as it can hold nose-to-tail, and if they make $15K net on a Macan 4, and $22K net on a Turbo, if their supply chain is able to turn out enough parts for each, it makes more economic sense to make a bunch of each, e.g., not deliberately holding back their most profitable ones.

I think there is another reason, whatever it is, why they are deliberately holding back many Turbos.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My guess is some sort of supply issue with a Turbo part. It doesn't really make sense otherwise. Every dealer I've talked to (6+) is giving away 4 allocations to people off the street but still have a long line of people wanting the Turbo. I was still 8th in line at a local dealership for a Turbo but have been offered both a 4 and 4S allocation from them.

A number of those people will now move to a 4S.

Also to echo the above, I was given a 4S allocation with October production and have been told dealers are getting a lot of those, too. This is for the US.

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Or...they are holding up the turbo to observe overlaps with Taycan buyers...

i doubt anyone buying a Macan 4 would switch to a Taycan...while probably with some discounts there is overlap between Macan Turbo and Taycan 4s sales

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Or...they are holding up the turbo to observe overlaps with Taycan buyers...

i doubt anyone buying a Macan 4 would switch to a Taycan...while probably with some discounts there is overlap between Macan Turbo and Taycan 4s sales
I would not be at all surprised if that were to be the case. I’m very much in the window for a Turbo to replace my Taycan given the relative costs.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
I always have liked the Taycan’s looks especially the Cross Turismo. So I started building a Taycan that had everything my future Macan Turbo would, and despite the Taycan be slower to 60 MPH, having lesser carrying area when it had 4 passengers, lesser back seat area for my growing grandkids,, and in some ways a second tier UI, it was its +$30K more that stop my configuring it. I still greatly admire the Taycan, just love its looks, but not for that price differential — and for me some key downsides

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I always have liked the Taycan’s looks especially the Cross Turismo. So I started building a Taycan that had everything my future Macan Turbo would, and despite the Taycan be slower to 60 MPH, having lesser carrying area when it had 4 passengers, lesser back seat area for my growing grandkids,, and in some ways a second tier UI, it was its +$30K more that stop my configuring it. I still greatly admire the Taycan, just love its looks, but not for that price differential — and for me some key downsides
How did you conclude that there is more backseat space in the Macan vs the Taycan?

I have a 4S Sport Turismo, and my wife sat in the Macan at Goodwood last weekend. Her "qualitative" feedback was, "It is really small on the back."

Admittedly, she is used to a GLE now, which has a lot of space back...so I am looking for evidence to prove her wrong :)

A

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
I have not personally but about 5 or maybe 10 video creators who have sat in both all came to and voiced that conclusion. Perhaps what your wife experienced was a difference in how far back the front seat was?

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
How did you conclude that there is more backseat space in the Macan vs the Taycan?

I have a 4S Sport Turismo, and my wife sat in the Macan at Goodwood last weekend. Her "qualitative" feedback was, "It is really small on the back."

Admittedly, she is used to a GLE now, which has a lot of space back...so I am looking for evidence to prove her wrong :)
The Macan electric has a longer wheelbase and ~2.5" of increased rear legroom according to one of the reviews.

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Does anyone know where to find the figures for BHP without boost for the 4S. The comparison configurator only shows with boost figures, which I understand you can only use for 2.5 seconds at a time?

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thank you, never found something specific from Porsche concerning the taycan...

shesallthat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Sincerely I tried to configure a 4S with the same option I choose for my 4 and I don't see any improvement (apart the red brake).I don't like the new colors (except the personalized ones but clearly out of my budget and the use I have to do with this car) I don't need the added HPs and the 4S will cost me more (3K€) and reduce my expected range. But it's my opinion.

I really wish the new GUI is simply a bad render... it's awful (I bought a Porsche not a MB with bluish display)
now wait a minute … my car is currently on a boat on its way to me. I’m about to get upset.