• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
The RWD is a bad choice for you, get a 4 or 4S. Period. You lose more than you'd think going to the RWD and it's an SUV that will be surprisingly capable with AWD.

I'm a huge proponent of "if there could ever be a time when you wish you had AWD. get AWD" for safety, if nothing else. Not only snow but you're driving through the mountains and hit rain? Gravel on the road? Suddenly find yourself on a steep dirt road? Etc. Sure, RWD is probably fine but the peace of mind is worth it.
There is certainly an element of truth to your thoughts, but there are some advantages of the RWD:
  • Lighter weight, ~250lbs
  • Greater range
  • Higher top speed (by 1 mph :))
  • More nimble handling
  • Rear engine weight has surprising snow and ice traction going uphill (I use to go amazing places in snow, dirt, or mud with a Corvair, but clearance was an issue :))

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE
Country flag
I have done the switch from my macan 4 order to the 4S in slate grey.

The funny thing is the delivery time should now be 2-3 months shorter according to my dealer...

Alb4tor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC40 EV
Country flag
  • More nimble handling
  • Rear engine weight has surprising snow and ice traction going uphill
Indeed, I've read press reports related to other EVs mentioning that their RWD versions were more fun to drive than their AWD counterparts.

SupremeHustle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X4M Comp, F-Type R
Country flag
I was able to switch my 4 to a 4s today. The freeze date is September 25th, and it will arrive at the dealership on December 6th. He had six allocations available.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
I switched from a Turbo down to a 4s so I could get an immediate allocation rather than waiting for an unknown number of months.

There are very few allocations on US west coast and a long waiting list whereas I got to jump to the front of 4s allocations.

it’s a 10k saving for an identical build (including PTV) but I’ve lost some power (that I was never going to need) and of course some residuals.

the car is a gift to my wife and is massively over specced (personalized illuminated seat messages, leather parcel shelf etc.) but we keep our cars 10-15 years so I’d rather have something bespoke with no cut corners.

I’ll share the build when it locks in late August

PSPJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e-hybrid, Model 3, EV Macan 4S on order
Country flag
I had a Macan 4 ordred and it has been built (for September delivery). When the 4S came out, I switched my order. After my Macan 4 order froze, I decided I wanted the full leather interior and the compass (vs sport chrono) but it was too late. Now with the 4S I was able to get it exactly how I want (plus the red brake calibers I like) so it was worth waiting a couple extra months. I had a RWD Taycan I sold to pay for this Macan. The base Taycan had decent power, but it isn't as quick or nimble as my Tesla Model 3, so I think for me, the 4S is the sweet spot.

rpbrazil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo EV
Country flag
My build sheet, lock date late July for a delivery in October, says MY24.

Does yours say MY25?
My order also says MY24, this is my first Porsche, I don't know how the brand works but I find it strange to build a brand new MY24 car for just a month or two and then start building a MY25 before even delivering the first cars ever produced .
This would give me a bad first impression of the brand, it seems that those who placed an order at the start end up being more harmed than those who waited.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
My order also says MY24, this is my first Porsche, I don't know how the brand works but I find it strange to build a brand new MY24 car for just a month or two and then start building a MY25 before even delivering the first cars ever produced .
This would give me a bad first impression of the brand, it seems that those who placed an order at the start end up being more harmed than those who waited.
Completely agree with the feeling, it’s infuriating.

The Macan EV has been heavily delayed: we’ve read about the software issues that postponed the production start by months (years).

The first production cars were built as of April and been sitting at their destination ports since June. Yet Porsche won’t release them until September at the earliest. From the outside, it makes zero sense.

I actively (aggressively?) chased an allocation for a Turbo starting January and eventually scored one a few months back, for a delivery mid October. MY24.

And now I see all trims (RWD/4/4S/Turbo) that’ll get delivered in November, just a few weeks after my car, will be MY25.

We know cars lose a ton of value right off the dealer’s lot. Because they’re EV, they somehow devaluate even further.
And now the MY cutoff will make these launch cars become a year old just weeks after their release.

My dealer confirmed today my car will 99% chance be a MY24.

I found another allocation that would be delivered about 6 weeks later than my current order, for a MY25. For about $350 more (increase in delivery fees).

Seriously thinking of switching: at this point, a few more weeks and a slightly higher fee may make more sense.

Last edited:

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
I have done the switch from my macan 4 order to the 4S in slate grey.

The funny thing is the delivery time should now be 2-3 months shorter according to my dealer...
Any ideas on ETA for the 4S in the UK?
Have you been offered any test drive dates as yet in the UK for any of the models?

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Have you been offered any test drive dates as yet in the UK for any of the models?
No UK test-drives available yet, no doubt bookable after the dealer launch event.

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE
Country flag
Mine should be produced in October now and delivery Nov.

I had another 2-3 dealers offering 4S slots within the same timeframes

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Has anyone deduced why the Turbo is being held back? Especially as the turbo is a higher priced model, it results in higher next margins...

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Mine should be produced in October now and delivery Nov.

I had another 2-3 dealers offering 4S slots within the same timeframes
Wow, that's fast, I thought it would be 12 months - so 4 months from order to to delivery.
Has there been less appetite then initially thought for the UK?