• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Overactive nanny system - reversing brake

gianteli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone experienced an instantaneous (e.g. fast, but not persistent) braking on reverse, as if there was something the car was preventing you from hitting something, only there isn't anything there? I live in the city, and there are always things going on when reversing, but the car will slam on the brakes for <1s before regaining its composure, often multiple times in a single reverse motion. It's incredibly annoying and I'm pretty sure has to do with the blind spot protection, but it is inaccurate and irksome. There doesn't appear to be an obvious way to turn this off...anyone have a similar experience or solution?

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Few times it happened to me:
1. First time I didn't have my seatbelt on so the system thought I was leaving the car and slammed the brakes multiple times while I was completing the reverse. Very strange.... Should have not allow me to go in Reverse a the first place
2. Second time was reverse with seatbelt on and multiple warnings for side collision were triggered but there was just a bin. not a car or human.

OP
OP
gianteli

gianteli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
Funny about the seatbelt thing...On my first couple of drives the ACC wouldn't engage because it said my seatbelt was unbuckled, which it wasn't. Maybe this is a buggy seatbelt sensor?