• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Plug & Charge at Electrify America

RunningOnSolar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
If you are having Plug & Charge setup issues, please see the following post: Plug & Charge setup

On a typical week, charging at home using the Mobile Charger solution will very adequately suffice. However, I bought the Macan to go on the road and Plug & Charge provides streamlined tech for that.

I recently used a DC fast charger at an Electrify America station. I’m happy to say that the charging experience was basically flawless. With Plug & Charge, it really is as simple as:
1. Pull up and park at the charger
2. Open the charge port door
3. Connect the charger, The session takes about a minute to initiate and start automatically
4. Wait for the charge to complete. You can stop the charge any time or wait to reach the target charge percentage.
6. Disconnect and drive away. Powered charge port doors or a manual close take care of the rest.

Our Solterra, does not have plug & charge. It is a much more complicated experience when on the road. You have to find the correct app and initiate the charge and stop the charge at the end. Charging often requires finding the station and the charger name and initiating and completing the charge from the app. It turns out to be a lot more work and potentially more error prone. At home, the Solterra is the same as the Macan.