• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Race-Tex steering wheel

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Does anyone have this or plan to get - saw (and touched) this in a Cayenne at my dealer and I liked it, but I understand there are care issues.

DTaxman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLS, E class
Country flag
Does anyone have this or plan to get - saw (and touched) this in a Cayenne at my dealer and I liked it, but I understand there are care issues.
I originally spec'ed it but changed to leather in my final build. My sales associate suggested its very nice, but does require more upkeep and probably not a great idea if you plan to keep the vehicle for a while (i.e. maybe good on a lease, not good on a buy).

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
the race tex is prob fine, as long as you clean it regularly, wear gloves, or not drive much...

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
SONAX Alcantara And Upholstery Cleaner is your friend

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I own a Taycan GTS with the Race-Tex steering wheel. It's 16 months old (12,000km), and the steering wheel is like new. I actually think it's in better condition than an equivalent leather steering wheel would be at this stage. I was quite prepared to get SONAX products to keep it looking good, but I just haven't needed to.