• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Scheduling charging of EV Macan via app or manually without app?

Smarty0nline

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan ev
Country flag
An anyone give any advice on charging the Machan EV on a delayed timer ? We have a new Macan EV and apparently unless we have a Porsche wall charger you can’t program the Porsche app to charge the car at a time when you want. So we have cheaper electric between 12.30am and 5am but we can’t program the car to charge at that time.

Does anyone know if you can program the charging to come on a timer manually from inside the vehicle rather than an app ? Thanks

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
On the Porsche app you can plan a start and then in the advanced option select advance charging option and turn on optimized charging (start hour / end hour). Obviously if the time is not enough to charge the car I think that this option will be override.
Sorry if I can't be more precise but I have the app in italiani and don't know the exact words that are on the EN App.

What is not possible is to set the current unit (A) that could be useful when you don't want to burn an electrical socket and use 8/12A on a 16A circuit.

Last edited:

robgeo

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan electric turbo
Country flag
I tried also to put a time start time after 00.00 in my porsche app but it didnt start. I will try again. It works without a problem with my tesla…

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
How about instant charging?
today was first time I charge my turbo Using Tesla wall charger and adaptor and it has it set to reach the 80% at a certain time eventhough I didmt set a departure time.
‘how can I just plug and charges continuously till reaching the goal

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Simply don't plan any start. Plug the connector and set 80%. The charge "should" (it's better to be cautious).
Then there's the option to set a departure time (that works but not perfectly, at least on my side) and finally there's the option to set a departure time (to climate the car) BUT starting immediately the charging section.
  • 1st case: plug the connector, charging section start immediately and finish at set charging %
  • 2nd case: set the departure time, plug the connector, section start according to have the car at the wanted % for the departure time set (eventually the car can be climate). If there's no time to charge the car for the desired time, the charging section will start immediately. For this procedure I noticed that the charge end 30/45 minutes before the set time. Car conditioning works perfectly instead.
  • 3rd: set the departure time, plug the connector, section start immediately and will reach the % desired. If you set to climate the car, it will be be done for the time set.
As I wrote on my side 1 and 3 works perfectly; for case 2 anticipates a little too much the time by which the car is charged to the desired percentage. It could be that it is creating a statistic in relation to the charging current available from the wall box.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
Here’s my experience charging my Macan 4 with a Tesla Universal Connector.

I have two departure schedules:

1. Monday to Friday(60%): I leave at 5:20 AM for the gym(WTF). I’ve set optimized charging between 10 PM and 5 AM, so the car starts charging after 10 PM.
  2. Saturday and Sunday(80%): I depart at 8 AM, without optimized charging. I’m unsure when the car starts charging, but it will be fully charged by departure time.

What I’m missing is the ability to set different maximum charge levels—such as 60% during the week and 80% on the weekends.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Unfortunately at the moment it's not possibile BUT it's something software related so...

PaoloPix

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
I was thinking about buying the tesla charger.
What do you think?
Electric Macan EV Scheduling charging of EV Macan via app or manually without app? 92636e16-e8a2-4980-b6b3-80ebc69bb96c.__CR0,0,4000,1237_PT0_SX970_V1___