• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
OP
OP
mikeright

mikeright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Lovely story, great cinematic and emotional video but... in my humble opinion turbonite is a difficult color to match with most of the available Macan body colors.

The other day I saw a Panamera Turbo in dolomite silver with turbonite details and rings... everything is subjective of course but... they do not match at all.

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yes, very Special colour. Especially large pieces like the Macan sideblades only work with dark coulours like black or grey. Good to have the choice, concerning these parts.

Everything IMHO of course.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
IMHO I don't like turbonite and I agree that it's very difficult to match. Happy that the 4 has the Porsche colored logo.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
It took Porsche a whole lot of effort from a lot of people to conclude what I concluded almost 2 years ago when I picked up my Taycan.
Macan EV The Story of Turbonite in video 1725526978476-3x

A muted crest just looks better (to me at least, on my metallic white Porsche). This hood crest by the way is a Porsche OEM part, it's just not a hood emblem, but rather a 928 intake manifold emblem - same size as hood emblem, just needed a little custom mount to affix on the hood). A closeup:
Macan EV The Story of Turbonite in video 1725527305849-8

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Well I personally *love* the Turbonite crest.

Not a fan of the Turbonite color outside the car but feel it’s a very nice accent inside combined with black.

Look forward to having all the above on my Turbo!

OP
OP
mikeright

mikeright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I like turbonite accents with black interior too but it is not possible to configure with comfort seats. Maybe in another life 😃

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
To each their own, obviously, but I also don't really like Turbonite for the exterior. It's a very particular color.

Can be nice on the interior, but it tends to clash as exterior trim IMO.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
To each their own, obviously, but I also don't really like Turbonite for the exterior. It's a very particular color.

Can be nice on the interior, but it tends to clash as exterior trim IMO.
Not my favorite for trim, but OK for me on the front and wheel badges. Changed all trim to gloss black on Oak Green Neo.

rmwrip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X 5. Macan ev turbo ordered
Country flag
All black trim for me as well on my oak green.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why doesn't Porsche just offer all different colors of hood ornaments to all customers? Make it all about personalization, let the customer pick the colors they like, interior and exterior. Who cares about exclusivity, Want a flashy car, get a Lambo. Want an elegant car with amazing performance, get a Porsche.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Why doesn't Porsche just offer all different colors of hood ornaments to all customers?
To upsell and differentiate the Turbo: it’s a distinctive trait of the line, it makes sense they don’t want to offer it on lower trims.

They’re usually happy to allow people to spend all kinds of money on options. This one makes sense to me.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To upsell and differentiate the Turbo: it’s a distinctive trait of the line, it makes sense they don’t want to offer it on lower trims.

They’re usually happy to allow people to spend all kinds of money on options. This one makes sense to me.
The differentiation is in capabilities - power, performance. For anyone who must have visual differentiation, there is a "Turbo" badge on the back of the car. The badge is no different than a different color crest btw, anyone can tack any badge or emblem on their car afterwards anyways - Porsche sells them separately.