• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Tinted Matrix LED?

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
Anyone ordering the Tinted Matrix LED option (Code 8IV)? It's difficult to know from the photos/videos if the demo cars are equipped with this option. Any close-up photos of "standard" or tinted versions would be greatly appreciated. Not a great photo but the headlight below has the Tinted Matrix LED option. Until my SA confirmed it, I thought it was the standard headlight (for the Turbo) but now I am considering adding this option for CA$600. It just looks right with the other Turbo lighting effects. Stupid endless Porsche options.

Macan EV Tinted Matrix LED? PXL_20240824_152037068.RAW-01.MP.COVER2

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The light and light bar options make a very, very minor change. Like shockingly minor.

It's wayyyy back on the list of aesthetic options and I'd skip it unless you have unlimited budget.

OP
OP

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
The light and light bar options make a very, very minor change. Like shockingly minor.

It's wayyyy back on the list of aesthetic options and I'd skip it unless you have unlimited budget.
Thanks, you're right it's minor. Have you seen both on the Macan? I've only seen the tinted version. Seems like our local dealer spec'd tinted for all their Turbos (they received some and I got a sneak peak).

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, you're right it's minor. Have you seen both on the Macan? I've only seen the tinted version. Seems like our local dealer spec'd tinted for all their Turbos (they received some and I got a sneak peak).
I have not. I've seen the various options on the Taycan.

It's certainly not a bad option, it looks nice, it's just very subtle.

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
I've seen both on the Macan yesterday. The difference is noticeable. It's not like the glass is tinted, but the inner elements. I found this image on the Taycan Forum, which more or less shows this:
Macan EV Tinted Matrix LED? 1725695277566-mu

After seeing both tinted and non-tinted in real life, I'm definitely speccing the tinted option on my black Macan.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Same here. Tinted Matrix works perfectly with dark color (and since I chose Vulcano Grey…)

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Yes I did, back and front, tinted lights … will know how they look at 20/10 …

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
So jealous … do not understand why we in EU are running late …

OP
OP

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
I've seen both on the Macan yesterday. The difference is noticeable. It's not like the glass is tinted, but the inner elements. I found this image on the Taycan Forum, which more or less shows this:
1725695277566-mu.jpg

After seeing both tinted and non-tinted in real life, I'm definitely speccing the tinted option on my black Macan.
Did you happen to take pictures of the two headlight options (standard and tinted)?

JBA

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Porsche GT3, 2022 Audi SQ5
Country flag
I tried to determine the difference between the "headlight options" during my trip to the PEC in Atlanta on August 20th. They had a couple of Macan EVs with the LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Glacier Blue, code 8JU.

From what I could tell, these options really only involve the daytime running lights, not the headlights at all. The daytime running lights have four individual elements per side. Each of these elements are shaped roughly like a deck of playing card lying flat with the light coming out of one edge of the "deck".

I believe the difference between the standard and optional Lights is that the individual housings (i.e. all but one side of the playing card box) are painted either Glacier Blue (8JU) or Gloss Black (8IV). I've attached a photo I took and an image from the configurator that shows the 8JU option. If PEC ATL had any cars with the 8IV option "LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black", the difference wasn't substantial enough for me to notice.

Macan EV Tinted Matrix LED? Adj Zoomed Porsche Photo from PEC ATL
Macan EV Tinted Matrix LED? detail_M8JU_l_0

Last edited:

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
mmm it doesn't look to be a tint as much as it looks like the color plastic inside the light is black vs not...
These are from the configurator... similarly to how there's a blue vs black.
but when you say "tint" i'm thinking of the glass on the very outside being tinted

Macan EV Tinted Matrix LED? Screenshot 2024-09-07 123812

Macan EV Tinted Matrix LED? Screenshot 2024-09-07 123952

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
So jealous … do not understand why we in EU are running late …
Not all EU: my dealer got 3 cars (all 4) this week. They can show them but not demo them on the road.