• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
OP
OP
n4v4nod

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS
Country flag
Another update: I was just informed that the Software updates were distributed today to dealers. I was at my dealer today and I saw them in the service area getting uploaded. They stated that September 18th holds for the official on-sale date.
As of 11am today US dealerships are planning to sell these cars first thing on the 18th.

While it's possible there will be a delay with some or all of the cars for software, the current belief is the stop-sale will be lifted for start of day on the 18th.
My dealer is hoping it's all sorted by Tuesday

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer is hoping it's all sorted by Tuesday
There may be some cars that aren't ready and there may be a software update needed post delivery, hopefully OTA, possibly a service, but it sounds like Porsche will officially drop the stop-sale and allow cars to be sold.

Some dealerships are allowing pre-order holders to test drive early. Not sure they're supposed to (believe they've been told to wait for the 18th), so I can't say where and don't be surprised if your dealer says no before the 18th.

Last edited:

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
Curious what the software update does? We waited long for it ...

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I'm hoping someone will soon be able to confirm support for Apple CarKey (like we have in the BMW iX M60), the "Porsche Entry" detail on my config mentions UWB, which is the foundation for Apple CarKey:

Porsche Entry
The "Porsche Entry" function enables particularly convenient vehicle access and locking without active key use via ultra-wideband technology (UWB). As soon as you are close to the vehicle, the vehicle recognises your key and unlocks the doors, trunk and tailgate. The vehicle also locks automatically when you leave the vicinity of the vehicle and all doors, frunk and tailgate are closed.

In addition, the frunk can be opened with a swiping gesture and the tailgate opened and closed with a kicking motion of your foot in the sensor area on the right-hand side of the rear bumper. This is particularly practical when you want to load or unload the vehicle after shopping.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I'm hoping someone will soon be able to confirm support for Apple CarKey (like we have in the BMW iX M60), the "Porsche Entry" detail on my config mentions UWB, which is the foundation for Apple CarKey:

Porsche Entry
The "Porsche Entry" function enables particularly convenient vehicle access and locking without active key use via ultra-wideband technology (UWB). As soon as you are close to the vehicle, the vehicle recognises your key and unlocks the doors, trunk and tailgate. The vehicle also locks automatically when you leave the vicinity of the vehicle and all doors, frunk and tailgate are closed.

In addition, the frunk can be opened with a swiping gesture and the tailgate opened and closed with a kicking motion of your foot in the sensor area on the right-hand side of the rear bumper. This is particularly practical when you want to load or unload the vehicle after shopping.
It is a component of the implementation but in itself not enough. Not seen any communication from either Apple or Porsche on this so highly doubt it’s happening.

And it’s a damn shame!

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
It is a component of the implementation but in itself not enough. Not seen any communication from either Apple or Porsche on this so highly doubt it’s happening.

And it’s a damn shame!
Yeah I understand it’s not the whole thing but I am still holding out hope that Porsche will give us a nice surprise.

OP
OP
n4v4nod

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got back from my test drive of the Macan 4. Quite happy with it. I know there is noise swirling around regarding speed compared to the Turbo. I think it's more than adequate for our needs. We own a Spyder RS as our weekend Toy and have a Sprinter Camper Van for roadtrips. The Macan 4 will be our daily commuter. Test Drive was on their Launch Demo Macan 4. Our car will be available Friday. Here are the two demos they have.
Macan EV Update: Sept. 18 is New On Sale Launch Date for North America Macan EV + Now CARB Certified! IMG_4590
Macan EV Update: Sept. 18 is New On Sale Launch Date for North America Macan EV + Now CARB Certified! IMG_4589
Macan EV Update: Sept. 18 is New On Sale Launch Date for North America Macan EV + Now CARB Certified! IMG_4592
Macan EV Update: Sept. 18 is New On Sale Launch Date for North America Macan EV + Now CARB Certified! IMG_4591

OP
OP
n4v4nod

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another thing to consider... which some already know. When we owned our BMW i3, that instant torque meant shorter tire lifespan. So I appreciate the ICE like torque acceleration. We're not drag racing this thing. It's our urban/suburban family commuter. Now if this was my one and only vehicle, I think I would buy the Turbo.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Another thing to consider... which some already know. When we owned our BMW i3, that instant torque meant shorter tire lifespan. So I appreciate the ICE like torque acceleration. We're not drag racing this thing. It's our urban/suburban family commuter. Now if this was my one and only vehicle, I think I would buy the Turbo.
Oh I intend to drag race the Macan at every red light. 😂

And with a kiddo in the back. After all, that’s why they sell this “baby on board” sign.

Macan EV Update: Sept. 18 is New On Sale Launch Date for North America Macan EV + Now CARB Certified! 1726624015435-sm

OP
OP
n4v4nod

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Received a message from my SA that my Macan 4 will not be ready today after all. They are having issues with Software install? Curious if it's that or the Power Port issue? Should be ready early next week?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Received a message from my SA that my Macan 4 will not be ready today after all. They are having issues with Software install? Curious if it's that or the Power Port issue? Should be ready early next week?
Some cars are taking the software update fine, others are being finicky. Ie.. stopping the update, requiring them to restart it, etc.. It's not unusual.

Nothing to be concerned about, just annoying.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
same here they received the car (macan turbo ) yesterday and hooked it up and they told me wont be picking it up today nor tomorrow and that they received something from porsche today and getting it installed. lets hope wont be very long.