• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Wallbox Pulsar Plus - not liking Macan 4

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo & now G2 Taycan 4S plus Macan 4 due 11th Oct
Country flag
Struggling to get charging profiles (for lower overnight tariff) on new Macan 4 being accepted by my Wallbox Pulsar Plus.
Never had an issue with my Taycan (3 different models) - using same charger with programming for later evening charging profiles dictated by Porsche PCM.
Presently I plug in the new Macan with similar preset charging profiles active and within 30secs the Wallbox Pulsar Plus has gone to lock out Leeds flashing) status!
Iā€™ve upgraded the firmware on the Wallbox, tried both charging ports on the car - each time ā€œRed flashingā€ lock out status on the charger. As attached shows Iā€™ve even lowered the amps being delivered to the car to 20/21amp)

(Ironically if I choose to direct charge from Wallbox there is no issue they metaphorically ā€˜shake handsā€™ and charging begins)

Anyone experienced this quirk on any Porsche EV? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Electric Macan EV Wallbox Pulsar Plus - not liking Macan 4 IMG_2223

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I'd escalate to Wall Box for customer support - Porsche will be useless - for now I'd go with direct charge - Wallbox customer support is the best place to start - they will want to know about this and fix it- you're not going to be the only Macan owner trying to use their product.

if it works for direct charging it's clearly something the Porsche is doing when the charing status is "delayed"ā€¦