• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Was just told the thermal / noise insulated glass is no longer available

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
They must have all sort of supply chain issues because I ordered mine in March and it arrived on 9.10. Other people got theirs a month ago and ordered in June. Might be nice to ask your SA which options might deprioritise the build.

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
+1 for the insulated and thermal glasses: very quiet (at the moment we are in the low temp season but I’m sure they will help during summer.
something I have to investigate deeper is the roof window glasses. I don’t think they are “stratified or layered glasses”: in tunnels all the noise come from there (and was the same with my Tesla with only the front seats double glasses).
No way! I also ordered the panoramic roof and the thermal glass. Kind of weird if they don't add it to the most sun exposed part of the car...

Alex103

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I got my Macan 4 last week with 21" wheels and noise and thermal insulating glass. Car is extremely quiet. Now, if I can only stop the passenger seatbelt from thumping against the pillar.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
No way! I also ordered the panoramic roof and the thermal glass. Kind of weird if they don't add it to the most sun exposed part of the car...
I have to check and tomorrow may be a good sunny day (after 3 days of rain).

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Now, if I can only stop the passenger seatbelt from thumping against the pillar.
Yes this is my second complain about the car... ordered something from AliExp but I have to check (as soon as they arrive) if they can "isolate" the seat belt from the pillar.
Tried a Tycan 4 CT today and it was dead silent (no thumping against the pillar)...

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
Yes this is my second complain about the car... ordered something from AliExp but I have to check (as soon as they arrive) if they can "isolate" the seat belt from the pillar.
Tried a Tycan 4 CT today and it was dead silent (no thumping against the pillar)...
Let us know if it works and what that item is from AliExp when you can.