• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Why no additional Full Leather color options?

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
this isn't an informative post...really just me complaining...

But I really wish there were more color options for the full leather interior. I don't get why the only option to get the dash in a color is Truffle Brown.
Generally you don't put such light colors on the dash cuz of their reflectivity... and I would think Blackberry or Night Green would be dark enough to be on the dash as well...

I was certainly willing to pay more to get that full leather package...it looks soo complete! but i don't want it in brown....

i'm gonna be mad if they start to offer options like that in next model refresh 😥

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
higher volume cars tend to have fewer options to better manage the supply chain - I've spoken with many many people responsible for factory/high-volume manufacturing over the years…

more choice = more complexity = more logistics = more supply chain nightmares = more base costs = less chance to amortized fixed cost across all the units…

the more customiziation you offer the more complexity you take on…

I see porsche's relativelly "short/light/small" options list for the Macan EV as the "conservative" approach for a new model - over the years I would expect more options to become available to match they other vehicle option matrix - but for now the choices are limited to improve Porsche's volume production complexity matrix…

but the Macan has always had fewer options vs. say the Cayenne - so it's also a matter of market/segment differentiation…

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
Yes, I too think full leather interior in darker colours would be nice.
We saw Blackberry leather in an Ice Grey Macan in the showroom, and the Blackberry interior looked amazing in person.
My wife in particular was very keen.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Just be patient, it’ll come.
This is still a launch model pretty much, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
more choice = more complexity = more logistics = more supply chain nightmares = more base costs = less chance to amortized fixed cost across all the units…
you don't think the number of options available on the Macan are already extensive? this is my first time customizing a new car... but there are other models/mfr's with more options out there ?

the Blackberry interior looked amazing in person.
yeahhhhhh...that's what I'm getting!! shit would look totally tits on the dash too!!

Just be patient, it’ll come.
This is still a launch model pretty much, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
yeah, that's what i'm sad i'm about. I'm buying this, no plans to trade in or sell in the future...gonna have this one for a long time. So i'm kinda going "all in" and it's gonna suck if they offer the option of Full blackberry interior in a year or two

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It is a bummer but at least Biege & Bordeaux are probably the two best non-Olea colors Porsche does.

Fly4ever

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Kuga 2.5T (Stage 1 tuned @240PS)
Country flag
yeah, that's what i'm sad i'm about. I'm buying this, no plans to trade in or sell in the future...gonna have this one for a long time. So i'm kinda going "all in" and it's gonna suck if they offer the option of Full blackberry interior in a year or two
...I feel you 100%! Same here too...!However the options variety (only) isn't my major concern...Sure enough I would be disappointed for extra things might come in the (near?) future from Porsche as an option - or even standard,who knows,but not so greatly disappointed if those things are on the cosmetic side only.My major concern would be - and in fact it actually is - the possibility Porsche introduces new technologies and innovations with the upcoming Macan EV models in the next couple of years or so, or in the worst case even sooner,which won't be available to the "older" models like our 2025 or 2026 ones but rather only for new builds!New tech batteries are around the corner and very soon will be available,especially for cars like Porsche and other premium brands. The certainty that these cars will be able to travel 600-1000 miles on only a single charge and this in 8-9 mins charging time...this would definitely be something I could hardly bear and live with.Because I'm also planning to keep the car and live with as much as possible.And exactly the same goes for my decisions I've made buying it.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
A 600 miles range would be great, but they are already saying something like 1000 miles range would be achievable at some point in solid-state batteries, which would be lighter but very expensive, and for premium vehicles only.
And “very expensive” is anybody's guess.

Fly4ever

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Kuga 2.5T (Stage 1 tuned @240PS)
Country flag
A 600 miles range would be great, but they are already saying something like 1000 miles range would be achievable at some point in solid-state batteries, which would be lighter but very expensive, and for premium vehicles only.
And “very expensive” is anybody's guess.
...According to several posts on the subject over the net, most likely there will be a transitioning period before Solid State batteries become widely available.This indeed remains the Holy Grail for EV future entirely.In the meantime however, there will be available the Silicone Anode battery which will be smaller,lighter and considerably more efficient than the simple LFP ones used today,maybe up to 30% more density comparing them to what we have today.Porsche already have invested millions to new battery tech - both SSB and Silicone Anode - also acquired 32% share capital of Varta AG and also collaborates with QuantumScape - a USA based company specializing in research on SSBs working together for the new tech.
The future is near and seems tremendously promising and soon EVs will enter o totally new era.Yes the costs will be high for those who want range and efficiency,in the beginning.But eventually it'll become cheaper and cheaper expanding exponentially also to other cars considered less premium than Porsche.But premium brands - and Porsche definitely is considered as such - will get the tech first.It'll be up to Porsche to decide if it will be attainable to all of us to retrofit our cars or to remain with the old tech for as long as we keep our Macans or whatever.And this is the one and only thing I'm trying not to think of.

Sorry to krissrock for high jacking his post,honestly wasn't intended but I think this was also an interesting subject. 😇

DTaxman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLS, E class
Country flag
...According to several posts on the subject over the net, most likely there will be a transitioning period before Solid State batteries become widely available.This indeed remains the Holy Grail for EV future entirely.In the meantime however, there will be available the Silicone Anode battery which will be smaller,lighter and considerably more efficient than the simple LFP ones used today,maybe up to 30% more density comparing them to what we have today.Porsche already have invested millions to new battery tech - both SSB and Silicone Anode - also acquired 32% share capital of Varta AG and also collaborates with QuantumScape - a USA based company specializing in research on SSBs working together for the new tech.
The future is near and seems tremendously promising and soon EVs will enter o totally new era.Yes the costs will be high for those who want range and efficiency,in the beginning.But eventually it'll become cheaper and cheaper expanding exponentially also to other cars considered less premium than Porsche.But premium brands - and Porsche definitely is considered as such - will get the tech first.It'll be up to Porsche to decide if it will be attainable to all of us to retrofit our cars or to remain with the old tech for as long as we keep our Macans or whatever.And this is the one and only thing I'm trying not to think of.

Sorry to krissrock for high jacking his post,honestly wasn't intended but I think this was also an interesting subject. 😇
I know it's not for everyone, but my expectation going into any car is that I want to get at least 8 to 10 years out of it. Even with gas vehicles, this means accepting not only technological advancements, but also just getting the new shiny vehicle will always be tempting. I've been driving the same Mercedes e-class as my daily driver for almost 20 years. I'm definitely now ready to move on as it lacks virtually every current safety feature and technology, but it's still a nice car to drive (I also happen to believe it's much more attractive than the last several iterations of an e-class).

With electric vehicles, the rate of change will be even quicker. However, my use case for the Macan 4S I have on order will not change. Daily driver, 20 mile or so commute to work, weekly charging at home, fun to drive, comfortable, usually will seat 1 to 2 but can reasonably throw a couple more adults in the back seat. While new technology may come out that can get significantly more range or faster charging, my use case is not changing to the point where an upgrade is critical. Doesn't mean I won't drool over the newest hot vehicle on the market, but that will happen regardless. I just think it's too easy to get caught in the "upgrade" economy, but when I've got a car I love parked in my garage the hope is temptation won't lead me astray.

LivingTheDream

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
I know it's not for everyone, but my expectation going into any car is that I want to get at least 8 to 10 years out of it. Even with gas vehicles, this means accepting not only technological advancements, but also just getting the new shiny vehicle will always be tempting. I've been driving the same Mercedes e-class as my daily driver for almost 20 years. I'm definitely now ready to move on as it lacks virtually every current safety feature and technology, but it's still a nice car to drive (I also happen to believe it's much more attractive than the last several iterations of an e-class).

With electric vehicles, the rate of change will be even quicker. However, my use case for the Macan 4S I have on order will not change. Daily driver, 20 mile or so commute to work, weekly charging at home, fun to drive, comfortable, usually will seat 1 to 2 but can reasonably throw a couple more adults in the back seat. While new technology may come out that can get significantly more range or faster charging, my use case is not changing to the point where an upgrade is critical. Doesn't mean I won't drool over the newest hot vehicle on the market, but that will happen regardless. I just think it's too easy to get caught in the "upgrade" economy, but when I've got a car I love parked in my garage the hope is temptation won't lead me astray.
What he said.