• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Range / consumption of 2025 Macan EV ?

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
I just was watching Kyle/OutOfSpec range testing the Taycan 4S CT (his second test of it recently, specifically his 10% test) and was buoyed up by his saying that “it won’t be long until I range test the new Macan.”

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I just was watching Kyle/OutOfSpec range testing the Taycan 4S CT (his second test of it recently, specifically his 10% test) and was buoyed up by his saying that “it won’t be long until I range test the new Macan.”
Impatiently waiting for that video!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
That's true for countries in Europe because they use WLTP - and a good indication for all.
That's sadly not available yet in the US (the EPA numbers still not available).
WLTP is at best "hogwash" and is 100% not indicative of real world driving - any number quoted should be reduced by 30% IMHO to get to reality.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
WLTP is at best "hogwash" and is 100% not indicative of real world driving - any number quoted should be reduced by 30% IMHO to get to reality.
Oh we agree on that!

Point remains that using the WLTP estimates on the EU configurator and seeing how they change based on the rims is still a useful tool for NA buyers. ;)

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Oh we agree on that!

Point remains that using the WLTP estimates on the EU configurator and seeing how they change based on the rims is still a useful tool for NA buyers. ;)
I do not agree on WLTP not being accurate! I have an iX50 with 580km WLTP range which I can easily obtain from April to end of October. Driving normal with speeds 5% faster than the speed limit … As with all range quotes from WLTP it is heavily manufacture dependent … my experience is that German car manufactures are not that far of their claimed WLTP ranges.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
As I have posted a couple of times, take WLTP kilometers, multiple it by 0.62137 to get to miles and then divide that amount by 1.12 and you get close to actual U.S. range.

Take for example by Edmunds, the 305 miles actually gotten by Brian Wong with his informal testing 22”’s on the Macan turbo. Porsche states 567 km for that version; then x .612137, then divide by 1.12 and you get 314 miles. Or Kyle/OutOfSpec with his 20” Macan 4 informal test, e..g, 580 km stated by Porsche x.62137 km to mileage conversation, then divided by 1.12 getting 325 miles when he drove it — whereas using Porsche’s stated 580 km would result in 322.

Both Brian and Kyle said they might well get a little more on their more typical and more scientific range testing protocols Rather than their informal tests.

Other than cold weather,I expect 300 mile range on my turbo with the 22’ carbon fiber aero blades.

BTW on my BMW ixM60 with 22”’s, i consistently get at or a little more than what BMW states (exception cold weather), e.g., last trip our getting 350 miles on its last charge of the trip (BMW rates it at 285 miles though we were less than interstate speeds instead traveling up and down mountain roads

With the insanely wonderful acceleration of the turbo, its amazing Porsche handing, steering and agility (per savagegeese’s video and others), I will be very pleased with 300 mile range during the non cold months

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
In hind sight the BMW is crazy efficient for such a bulky car. I really hope The Porsche can be a tad more efficient as it is lighter and more aero dynamic, so that the range difference is minimal.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not agree on WLTP not being accurate! I have an iX50 with 580km WLTP range which I can easily obtain from April to end of October. Driving normal with speeds 5% faster than the speed limit … As with all range quotes from WLTP it is heavily manufacture dependent … my experience is that German car manufactures are not that far of their claimed WLTP ranges.
That is not my experience I'm afraid.

Looking at my most recent car, the Ford Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD Extended.
It has a 290 miles EPA range and a 550 km (550/1.609=342 miles) WLTP range.

Driving reasonably in the Spring/Summer, I could stretch that range to 300 miles.
The EPA rating was pretty close... while the WLTP one was way optimistic.

Maybe the German cars do better as you say but WLTP seems quite inflated in general.

As I have posted a couple of times, take WLTP kilometers, multiple it by 0.62137 to get to miles and then divide that amount by 1.12 and you get close to actual U.S. range.
This is also what you seem to say since you say WLTP is only valid after it's been divided by 1.12.
Using my Mach-e example above, the 342 WLTP range becomes 305 adjusted... almost spot on what I could achieve.

That 1.12 factor is what makes WLTP realistic in my experience... but that's you and me doing math here, not what is displayed to the customers that shop cars around.

Last edited:

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
That is not my experience I'm afraid.

Looking at my most recent car, the Ford Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD Extended.
It has a 290 miles EPA range and a 550 km (550/1.609=342 miles) WLTP range.

Driving reasonably in the Spring/Summer, I could stretch that range to 300 miles.
The EPA rating was pretty close... while the WLTP one was way optimistic.

Maybe the German cars to better as you say but WLTP seems quite inflated in general.

This is also what you seem to say since you say WLTP is only valid after it's been divided by 1.12.
Using my Mach-e example above, the 342 WLTP range becomes 305 adjusted... almost spot on what I could achieve.

That 1.12 factor is what makes WLTP realistic in my experience... but that's you and me doing math here, not what is displayed to the customers that shop cars around.
That is why I said German manufactures … they also beat the EPA … Ford 🤷‍♂️
Tesla is also very hard to reach the EPA, they even had to retract, correct some claims.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
My GTS ST is nowhere near the fantasy WLTP - I am a sedate driver. Remember that the number is highly subjective - type and size of wheels, temperatures (battery, ambient) and so on. I doubt homologation is performed on all possible combinations. So my advice is to take whatever you see published (box ticking exercise really) and expect something different in real life to avoid either disappointment or a pleasant surprise.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Mostly for me it depends on each day’s weather and my mood. If sedately running errands, my results are far different than if cruising at 75+ MPH on the interstate, or even more so than if carving country roads in a very spirited way (“exercising my car”).

Just came back from a +1000 mile road trip in our BMW iX M60 and all Electrifying America charging locations performed well and we nice got the mileage we weather-expected both ways. On the way there we were in massive winds and heavy rain and got 2.4mi/kWH; on the way home when it was 72 and sunny, we got 3.1.

My expectation is when driving ”average” on an average weather day is that we will get just over 300 mile range with our Macan turbo with 22”’s.

But as those of us fortunate to have a level 2 at home know, range is almost every day irrelevant, the issue becoming almost an intellectual question of, “do I need to charge today when I pull in my garage or wait a day or two more before re-charging” — and when I re-charge other than before setting on on a road trip or before a very unusual upcoming day, I set it to charge to just 75%.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
My GTS ST is nowhere near the fantasy WLTP - I am a sedate driver. Remember that the number is highly subjective - type and size of wheels, temperatures (battery, ambient) and so on. I doubt homologation is performed on all possible combinations. So my advice is to take whatever you see published (box ticking exercise really) and expect something different in real life to avoid either disappointment or a pleasant surprise.
You need to take the the WLTP with the tires you have at 22C, everybody knows that when you take 22 inch wheels at 10 degrees and compare the numbers you will be 25% short 🤷‍♂️

If you look at the out of spec test, they beat the EPA and attain the WLTP.
I drive normal to sporty with my iX and I beat the community average sometimes up to 10% ...it's all in the anticipation driving 😏

adrnlyn

First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan 4 ev, boxster s, tr6, silverado 2500 desiel, tahoe
Country flag
Obtw, how do you get free charge at electrfy am? D/l app and can’t find any benefits based on mfg and asking for enrollment code from mfg.