• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
It has been two weeks since my turbo has been delivered to dealership. There was a stop on the delivery pending software update which took days for it to be made available by Porsche. Now they are trying to download it to the car and they said it is huge file from Germany and any WiFi hickups kicks them out and they need to attempt all over from the beginning. The manager said it could take few attempts. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through and I can take delivery of my car. Been a very long two weeks!!!

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Mine is still stuck at port and now the exit date is scheduled for 10/11. This is frustrating as hell.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
Mine is still stuck at port and now the exit date is scheduled for 10/11. This is frustrating as hell.
Letā€™s hope yours wonā€™t have a software delivery stop!!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
It has been two weeks since my turbo has been delivered to dealership. There was a stop on the delivery pending software update which took days for it to be made available by Porsche. Now they are trying to download it to the car and they said it is huge file from Germany and any WiFi hickups kicks them out and they need to attempt all over from the beginning. The manager said it could take few attempts. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through and I can take delivery of my car. Been a very long two weeks!!!
Porsche's state of the art OTA dealer service software update computer shown belowā€¦

Electric Macan EV Macan EV Software Update delaying delivery! IMG_2351

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Porsche's state of the art OTA dealer service software update computer shown belowā€¦

IMG_2351.jpeg
At least it is an upgrade from paper tape - my first computer experience!

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
My Macan 4 Upgrade Adventure:

My car arrived at the dealer on 09/23 (originally ETA was 09/20). Theyā€™ve started the upgrade process and made some progress, but one specific aspect is failing.

On 09/30, Porsche provided steps to resolve the upgrade issue.

On 10/01, they informed me that the procedure failed and that they needed to replace an "electric interior heater," part of the software upgrade that kept failing.

Today (10/03), the dealer mentioned that the part should arrive in Austin, TX, in 1.5 to 2 weeks, pending confirmation from Porsche.

If I hadnā€™t test-driven this car, I might feel less frustratedā€” it drives unbelievably well!

Iā€™m starting my yoga classes today (WTF).

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
My Macan 4 Upgrade Adventure:

My car arrived at the dealer on 09/23 (originally ETA was 09/20). Theyā€™ve started the upgrade process and made some progress, but one specific aspect is failing.

On 09/30, Porsche provided steps to resolve the upgrade issue.

On 10/01, they informed me that the procedure failed and that they needed to replace an "electric interior heater," part of the software upgrade that kept failing.

Today (10/03), the dealer mentioned that the part should arrive in Austin, TX, in 1.5 to 2 weeks, pending confirmation from Porsche.

If I hadnā€™t test-driven this car, I might feel less frustratedā€” it drives unbelievably well!

Iā€™m starting my yoga classes today (WTF).
So some of these updates are failing because of a defective component?

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
So some of these updates are failing because of a defective component?
Yes, thatā€™s correct. I believe we have a combination of issues: some cars are failing due to a lack of knowledge at the dealerships, while others, like mine, are due to a defective component.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be deliveredā€¦
Country flag
And when there is a lack of knowledge, itā€™s becoming impossible to identify problems linked to defective componentā€¦
16 days, and still at the dealershipā€¦
This is my worst (no!)-delivery experience, by far.