• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Parking Cameras Suck?

Doggo

First Name
Doggo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
Coming from Mercedes, do the cameras suck? On a Turbo that's fully optioned the resolution feels low, and the framerate feels like 15FPS, eg it's not smooth or fluid. Standard for Porsche? Is there a setting to increase quality that I haven't found?

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
That's it, no option to change resolution and so on....

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Coming from Mercedes, do the cameras suck? On a Turbo that's fully optioned the resolution feels low, and the framerate feels like 15FPS, eg it's not smooth or fluid. Standard for Porsche? Is there a setting to increase quality that I haven't found?
This is unfortunately a common complaint and a "standard" for some time.

OP
OP

Doggo

First Name
Doggo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
Amazing. Terrible idea to skimp on something we all use daily and where expectations are so high eg "My Iphone looks so much better".

Then again it didn't stop anyone from buying.

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
it does kinda suck...

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
The problem with this is that if they suck now they will look positively ancient in 5 years ..

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
The problem with this is that if they suck now they will look positively ancient in 5 years ..
What about the top 360 view cameras are they OK? I use those for packing up most of the time anyway

Joder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
Compared to my Cayenne yes the cameras are pretty garbage. A bit of an improvement from my 2019 Macan but still I would expect a bit more.

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Yes, we have a 12/23 Cayenne and my 09/24 Macan. cameras are usable in the macan but really better in the cayenne.

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Now that you mention it the quality of the image is pretty bad compared to a Model 3 2021. Tesla scaled the image using AI so out of sudden my old carā€™s cams got incredible improvement. Donā€™t expect this from Porsche, but so far Iā€™ve been happy with the parking assistance it has. I live in an old part of town with very narrow streets, in fact the streets are as narrow as the macan at places and I am able to use the cameras to manoeuvre even at night.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Compared to Model 3 (and Tesla cars in general) the Macan camera is a little disappointing BUT you have to consider the dimension of the screen that plays a big part on the perceived quality image. Then, as @nulled wrote Tesla's image is scaled by AI and looks "more real" but I'm quite happy with the 360: I often use the single cameras (side) when I put the car in my narrow garage...
Then I'm really happy to have a front camera: with Tesla you have to "imagine" where the curb is and you are sure only when you hear that "nice" crack šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
Iā€™m ok using 360 cameras; I appreciate the angle that captures the wheels, as itā€™s very helpful.

Electric Macan EV Parking Cameras Suck? IMG_0454
Electric Macan EV Parking Cameras Suck? IMG_0455

Last edited:

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Thanks for posting those pictures of the parking cams. Looks much better than the small, distorted fisheye view on my 2020 ICE Macan.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Iā€™m ok using 360 cameras; I appreciate the angle that captures the wheels, as itā€™s very helpful.

IMG_0454.jpeg
IMG_0455.jpeg
The 360 top view looks ok in the picture. As long it shows proximity to objects accurately I am ok with it.