• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Porsche Tech claiming the car is shit

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
The guy has seemed to calm down a bit and is a legit tech.... I think his frustration is with having to work on cars right out of the factory. He expects them to work. I can't fault him for that.
But being that this isn't porsche's first ev rodeo, I'm gonna keep faith that things will be ok

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Probably not a good idea to buy a completely new vehicle/platform if you don’t want to experience any glitches while the manufacturer works out the kinks. I was a very early adopter when Tesla released their first Model S and Model Y and fully expected issues, but I was willing to deal with them to have a completely new driving experience.

Naturally we expect Porsche to have higher quality standards and better communications as a high-end manufacturer, but probably unrealistic to expect the new Macan to be free of issues. I’m at least encouraged that most of those who’ve taken delivery after enduring lengthy software delays seem to be really happy with the Macan.

I’m looking forward to receiving my 4S next month and will be disappointed but not shocked if it’s subject to similar delays.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I do think it's better for them to hold the car/orders rather than giving them to the customers and them having to return the car within days for issues
From their POV, not all cars will have issues, it’s best to clear the lots and take the money, and deal with the issues as they arise (if/when they do).

Their approach makes sense too.

But as said before, it’s a new car on a new platform. If one can’t stomach the risks that go with it, it’s best to wait out a few months (or a year or two) until most issues are worked out.

Is it ideal? Nope. But that’s how it works.

Pitteken

First Name
Maarten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan 4 Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I drive the macan 4 for almost a month, 1623 km’s so far. Except the very occasional error on the assistance systems I experienced nothing that I m bothered about. Before this car I drove a Volvo xc40 p8 and that car had an error every day. so I decided after a year to sell it again and ordered a macan. I wouldn’be scared to buy this car. It s very pleasant to drive!

Porsche-ed

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan 4; Tesla model 3 Highland
Country flag
I drive the macan 4 for almost a month, 1623 km’s so far. Except the very occasional error on the assistance systems I experienced nothing that I m bothered about. Before this car I drove a Volvo xc40 p8 and that car had an error every day. so I decided after a year to sell it again and ordered a macan. I wouldn’be scared to buy this car. It s very pleasant to drive!
Same experience. Have been driven 2700 km past few weeks. No, problems at al. Even better, the range is getting longer over time, as stated in the manual :)

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Electric Macan EV Porsche Tech claiming the car is shit IMG_5322

No problem recorded at the moment (except a full stop of every player (radio, Spotify, tune in) that needed a reset) for now. Range is not true since I parked the car after a 30 minutes rush a little over the limit and the car bases the range evaluation upon the last data it has.
About the tech (if he a legit Porsche tech) I don’t find professional to go on Reddit to express his frustration (and if it was one of my dealer techs I will run away from them). Everyone have bad days at work from time to time but I don’t think that we come out and frighten people about few problematic cars (shit happens and we all know that, even with so well know and premium brands).

FrostyFjord

First Name
Ilkka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla m3
Country flag
I just got an offer for Macan 4 and I think I'll accept it next week (expected delivery in January). Not too scared that I get the first model year car. My current car is an early Tesla Model 3. Most annoying things with it have been panel gaps, paint quality and missing features (e.g. heat pump, power trunk, matrix lights were added later). Porsche doesn't have those kind of problems. Everything broken in software can be fixed gradually even without OTA.

I also assume that they react to problems during the model year and are e.g. now already using improved controllers at the production line.

First Name
Ina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV ordered
Country flag
We were one of the first to receive our Macan 4 and our delivery date was pushed out by som days due to the software update, which didn’t run through properly. Delivery itself was really shitty, because they were not able to connect our account to the PCM. One day later they found out, that the reason was, that they didn’t set the clock. If that is not set to the correct date, nothing really works once done, it seem d to work. But of course, I had to change our password for the My Porsche app, because I had given it to them, so that they could connect and try. Since then the connection to the PCM is gone and we were not able to connect it again. (Already two weeks ago.). With the help of the service people at Porsche. we did several factory resets, but they don’t seem to work at all. Our data still stays in there. We have also removed the accounts and always have to connect to guest account now but the main user still seems to be existent, although not connected due to the different password. So the car went to Porsche once again. They tried to reset themselves, but also didn’t work. We got it back again and now a ticket with Porsche was opened. No one really knows how to deal with these issues. so right now we are driving without any problems, but we cannot use the app which makes it pretty useless. This is really annoying.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
Everyone have bad days at work from time to time but I don’t think that we come out and frighten people about few problematic cars (shit happens and we all know that, even with so well know and premium brands).
You are assuming that problematic cars are the minority.
From what I’ve been told, cars that are able to be delivered without lengthy software updates are the minority.
The pain in the ass is for the dealership, because Porsche made the decision to deliver a car with known issues, and obviously with the total inability of being OTA updated ; and because Porsche bills the car even thought it’s not deliverable.

OTA is the key, and it’s still not ready 5 years after the Taycan launch… Different platform, but same issues so far.

Remember the pain 25 years ago when it wasn’t possible to patch software remotely…
These days, you know that no one can operate complex software architectures without being able to remotely correct them as quickly as possible: there is always bugs, security problems and so on.
Add to this the need for seamless integration with highly sensitive hardware, and you'll understand why OTA is mandatory day 1.

Markan 4S

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
macan 4S
Country flag
When I get a new iPhone or iPad I also have to do an update first….
I did a test drive yesterday, liked it, waiting for my 4S to come. We cross the problems bridge when we get there

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
You are assuming that problematic cars are the minority.
I stay with the data my SA told me their: 21 cars delivered 1 not delivered. So I can say problematic cars are the minority IMHO. There are only 3/4 Italian guys here. Do you think that Porsche sold 4 Macan in Italy from September 27 to date? I don't think so. If I should have a problem I will check where I can share my problem so there would be more users here.
Don't get me wrong I'm sorry (very sorry) for what is happening with your car and I understand how you feel (I would react exactly like you if I should walking in your sure now!)

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
No problem @Diego !

Here, data are the exact opposite, and my dealership is going mad with its 10 (at least) macans. Its batch is full of problematic Macans, and mine is even not the worst!
I will cancel this week, but I can’t really accept that because I was so happy to have a macan ev, and so sad considering buying a tms plaid or a tm3 perf as a bridge… (delivery takes 1 to 2 weeks, I need a new car asap).