• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Porsche Tech claiming the car is shit

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
The guy has seemed to calm down a bit and is a legit tech.... I think his frustration is with having to work on cars right out of the factory. He expects them to work. I can't fault him for that.
But being that this isn't porsche's first ev rodeo, I'm gonna keep faith that things will be ok

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Probably not a good idea to buy a completely new vehicle/platform if you don’t want to experience any glitches while the manufacturer works out the kinks. I was a very early adopter when Tesla released their first Model S and Model Y and fully expected issues, but I was willing to deal with them to have a completely new driving experience.

Naturally we expect Porsche to have higher quality standards and better communications as a high-end manufacturer, but probably unrealistic to expect the new Macan to be free of issues. I’m at least encouraged that most of those who’ve taken delivery after enduring lengthy software delays seem to be really happy with the Macan.

I’m looking forward to receiving my 4S next month and will be disappointed but not shocked if it’s subject to similar delays.

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
I do think it's better for them to hold the car/orders rather than giving them to the customers and them having to return the car within days for issues

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I do think it's better for them to hold the car/orders rather than giving them to the customers and them having to return the car within days for issues
From their POV, not all cars will have issues, it’s best to clear the lots and take the money, and deal with the issues as they arise (if/when they do).

Their approach makes sense too.

But as said before, it’s a new car on a new platform. If one can’t stomach the risks that go with it, it’s best to wait out a few months (or a year or two) until most issues are worked out.

Is it ideal? Nope. But that’s how it works.