• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
The regen toggle on/off icon is on the drive mode page - bottom right corner
thanks @TomO I found the regen on the bottom right of the display. Now I can switch my diamond button to activate parking camera!

Last edited:

TomekGnomek

First Name
Tomek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Hi, I've tested power consumption on highway at different speeds.
This was Macan 4 (600 kms in total), 21" Macan Design wheels, 18C, no wind.
Constant speed meaning reset once target speed reached and photo ofter 5-10 kms.

Turns out:
1) 110 km/h over 5 kms with some elevation changes - 23,1 kWh/100
2) 130 km/h over 5 kms with some elevation changes - 23,8 kWh/100
3) 120 km/h over 10 kms without elevation changes - 22,4 kWh/100
4) 130 km/h over 5 kms without elevation changes - 23,5 kWh/100
5) test #4 continued over next 2 kms with some light regen (still ~130 km/h) - avg dropped to 20,0 kWh/100

#1 and #2 cold tires, #3 and #4 warm tires (+0,1 bars).

#5 was interesting because I noticed that you get tons of regen at highway speeds - just one/two speed changes with regen on changes the avg over 10 kms testing distance. So assume these figures will improve over longer distances with more varying speeds.

90-100 km/h avarages <20 kWh/100, 140 km/h avarages 24-25 kWh/100 and 140-160 km/h avarages up to 30 kWh/100.

Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 IMG_8519

ExVolt

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Here first data based on my first 264 km done (two days)
Note: some "brutal" acceleration and some time spent playing with the infotainment with car on (so driving time and average speed are not correct).

Car (Rear/4/4S/Turbo): Macan4
Tyre Size: 21" rims with Michelin
Temperature (F/C): from 12 to 20°C - light rain
Wind Conditions No/Headwind/Tailwind:
Altitude change 0/+m/-m: round trip from 770meters to 300 and back
Road conditions Wet/Dry: almost dry
City/Highway: Local roads with limits fro 50 to 90 km/h
Average Speed (km/h Miles/h): 43 km/h (average of the two days) see details below
Average consumption (kWh/100km kWh/mile): 19,4 kWh/100 km (average of the two days) see details below
Predicted Range at 100%: not checked
Real Range at 100%: N.A.

Details:

IMG_5025.jpeg
IMG_5026.jpeg
IMG_5027.jpeg
IMG_5028.jpeg
We just picked up our car yesterday. I really enjoy seeing consumption figures like what Diego posted. I cannot find where on the app the above graphs are found. Could someone help me out? Many thanks in advance.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW i5, MB C-Class
Country flag
I tried to program the diamond button and noticed mine was already set on regen on/off. I went through the owner's manual and it stated the car wont regen when the battery is full. so assuming the dealers charge the car to 100% before delivery, no one will see regen until the battery percentage drops. so technically, there is no brake pad bed-in procedure before it activates. someone just made that up.
I'm finding it hard to understand what you claim somebody made up?

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@ExVolt On the main page of the app (where you have the car pic) there should be a big button with something like "Car details". Press that button then then scroll down and you'll find the data (there is another button to press to have all the trips data)

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
@ExVolt On the main page of the app (where you have the car pic) there should be a big button with something like "Car details”. Press that button then then scroll down and you'll find the data (there is another button to press to have all the trips data)
Or, I guess, with voice command “show me trips data” 🤔
However, my BMW never understands my accent 😁

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last edited:

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW i5, MB C-Class
Country flag

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Both those comments are true.

Reading your comment a few posts up in this thread, it seems you don't understand what brakes "bedding in" means. It doesn't mean the brakes aren't being used. On the contrary, it means the brakes are used solely until they're bedded in.
I’m well aware of bedding brake pad material that transfers to the rotor. All I’m saying is that that the regen starts to work after the battery is discharged from 100% and has nothing to do with bedding in the brakes.

ExVolt

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
We picked up our car yesterday and spent today driving around the Bay Area. When we got home, I used Diego’s help to check out the consumption stats. I was a little surprised. Pleasantly.

Today and yesterday we drove 65 miles. The dealer gave us the car fully charged. We did not charge last night as it was still at 98% when we got home. When we got home today after driving 62 miles (~100 km), the battery showed 81% left!

Here’s a snapshot from the app. Check out today’s number: 3.8 miles (6.12 km) per kWh. I think it’s valid to multiply that number times 100 to get 380 miles (612 km). Note, yesterday’s short trip home was 3 miles and what you’d expect on day 1 (1.8 miles per kWh).

Electric Macan EV Real consumption / range / efficiency thread … post your Macan EV performance 📊 1729464341552-zz

Today was nice: sunny, 75 degrees, no wind. We had a combination of freeway, city, twisty mountain roads, and serious uphills and downhills in residential neighborhoods. I also was having fun in sports mode😀. I also had regen on most of the time.

I do love this car.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here’s a snapshot from the app. Check out today’s number: 3.8 miles (6.12 km) per kWh. I think it’s valid to multiply that number times 100 to get 380 miles (612 km). Note, yesterday’s short trip home was 3 miles and what you’d expect on day 1 (1.8 miles per kWh).
The car has 95 kWh available so it'd be 3.8 x 95 or 361 miles.

Still great, just fwiw.