• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag

Attachments

Last edited:

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I'm hoping the range is decent in the higher trims. Assuming the 314 miles is based on the base model, I'd like to see high 200 mile range real world with the S or a GTS ?

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
The “sharper dynamics” claim is interesting. It’s hard to imagine that an SUV with a higher CG is going to handle better than a low slung sedan that feels like a 911.
Not a chance imo, it’s the main reason i swapped out of a Macan.

pacific

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
incoming CT4
Country flag
looks like it has frameless windows (unlike the current macan)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
also looks like it has dual charging ports. but at the back this time. i really like that. it makes it much easier to use different charging structures.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does this mean this entry level EV crossover will smoke the taycan 4s off the line? That's a bit annoying lol

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Does this mean this entry level EV crossover will smoke the taycan 4s off the line? That's a bit annoying lol
Even if that would be the case, it probably would reflect the technological progress between an EV first made available in 2020 and one first made available in 2024.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The “sharper dynamics” claim is interesting. It’s hard to imagine that an SUV with a higher CG is going to handle better than a low slung sedan that feels like a 911.
Add extra battery weight in the floor and your CG goes down nicely.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
also looks like it has dual charging ports. but at the back this time. i really like that. it makes it much easier to use different charging structures.
So moving from a Taycan to a Macan might require moving your charger installation to the opposite end of the garage. I'm actually facing this today when moving from a Tesla to Taycan (lucky for me I play with stuff like this and overdesign everything, including my garage install, so have multiple EV charging options available at different places of the garage).

PS> For all the blandness of the EQS looks, its biggest issue for me is a charge port on the passenger side only, since we park our cars with passenger side close to the garage wall for most room between the 2 cars in the garage (driver side doors facing each other), so very limited access to the passenger side when in the garage.