• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Air suspension yes or no for € 2700 ?

PaoloPix

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
Air suspension yes or no for €2700?
Has anyone tried the Macan with and without it?

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
I think most here would say ‘yes’ - I went for this and the rear axle steering as well more from the performance handling aspect.

Although it depends on your build and whether you think necessary. This is my first (gateway) Porsche so I just wanted to be able to spec a vehicle I would be happy with.

Having said that, probably one more (expensive) replacement should it require replacing (over the default springs), but you only live once I guess…

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Air suspension yes or no for €2700?
Has anyone tried the Macan with and without it?
Doubt anyone here could compare both, first cars are just arriving and most dealerships don’t have one car for test drives - let alone 2 with different suspensions.

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
No idea if it’s worth it but coming from a Model 3, I just don’t want springs anymore 😅. Few videos on YouTube mention that the air suspension is firm even on comfort mode, so I would imagine that the spring is even worst. Some YouTubers were arguing that a BMW Xi was more comfort for less $.

Pitteken

First Name
Maarten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan 4 Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Definitely yes. Drove Volvo before with and without. Took it again now because you just float over the road. Luxurious ride :D

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS
Country flag
It's standard on North America Macans, but my vote is absolutely YES! Adjusting the Chassis dynamics and Hugely appreciate the ability to lower and raise the vehicle. You can lower it for a more aggressive stance and raise it for clearance all at the rotation of your mode switch on the steering wheel. Great for cleaning as well. You also can lower and raise from the rear via an interior rear cargo switch for ease of loading purposes or for the trailer hitch if ordered.