• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Any tips on limiting budget on options?

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Hi All,

It's so easy to get carried way with the options list, does anyone have any tips on what they do to limit their budget on options?
So far I'm in an extra £13k in optional extras but could easily add some more.
I initially thought I would limit it to 10% on top of the cost of the car but hasn't worked:D

Any tips from veteran speccers appreciated?

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
Just drop all those which don't have effect to comfort or driving :)
Excellent answer. I have left off all cosmetic ones and concentrated on air suspension, ACC, surround camera and other driving aids. will decide if 8 way seats are sufficient when I can try then. Wouldn't bother with leather , outside adornments, sound system (musivc doesn't interest me,) or all the Porche fancy bits. Also hate sun roofs so have kept extras below 10% even though I have been tempted by Aventurine Green as I need a car which doesn't show dirt.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Excellent answer. I have left off all cosmetic ones and concentrated on air suspension, ACC, surround camera and other driving aids. will decide if 8 way seats are sufficient when I can try then. Wouldn't bother with leather , outside adornments, sound system (musivc doesn't interest me,) or all the Porche fancy bits. Also hate sun roofs so have kept extras below 10% even though I have been tempted by Aventurine Green as I need a car which doesn't show dirt.
are you getting the base RWD Macan or some higher level trim?

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
are you getting the base RWD Macan or some higher level trim?
Macan 4 as want AWD as I do a lot of fishing and muddy fields and tracks are a haxard. Also added the off road bumper but not package which is cosmetic

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Yes, I am getting the Macan 4 as well. Not sure if you haul a trailer or equipment on your fishing trips but I got the tow hitch prep because we carry bikes around so it could be useful for outdoors stuff.

Also, I got it rear wheel steering as I love the turning short radius when parking as we spend a lot of time in the city. I also hope to get increased stability at high speeds although not sure how significant a difference it will make. Its a bit expensive so maybe not an option if budget is your concern.

Regarding seats...they are a big deal for me as far as comfort goes so I opted for the 18 way after sitting in all of them. If you have not tried them out at the dealer I would recommend you sit in all options to pick what you like the best. I noticed a big difference between the 14 way vs the 18 way which surprised me.

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
Yes, I am getting the Macan 4 as well. Not sure if you haul a trailer or equipment on your fishing trips but I got the tow hitch prep because we carry bikes around so it could be useful for outdoors stuff.

Also, I got it rear wheel steering as I love the turning short radius when parking as we spend a lot of time in the city. I also hope to get increased stability at high speeds although not sure how significant a difference it will make. Its a bit expensive so maybe not an option if budget is your concern.

Regarding seats...they are a big deal for me as far as comfort goes so I opted for the 18 way after sitting in all of them. If you have not tried them out at the dealer I would recommend you sit in all options to pick what you like the best. I noticed a big difference between the 14 way vs the 18 way which surprised me.

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
Manny thanks for advice. I will try them all. No demonstrators to try in UK yet.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
Comments here definitely appreciated as I concentrated on the interior and handling of my Macan 4 build also. The options I wrestled with most were the rear axle steering (added and often recommended), power charge port doors (added for fun, but a bit concerned about) and the sport chrono (skipped). Without Sport chrono you give up Sport Plus driving mode and Launch Control (maybe), but supposedly not Sport Plus suspension mode. I made changes 4 times before the freeze date. Good luck @taycanstuff !

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hi All,

It's so easy to get carried way with the options list, does anyone have any tips on what they do to limit their budget on options?
So far I'm in an extra £13k in optional extras but could easily add some more.
I initially thought I would limit it to 10% on top of the cost of the car but hasn't worked:D

Any tips from veteran speccers appreciated?
don't buy a Porsche - Audi is a good choice…

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
If you’re really trying to reduce the budget then I would skip rear axle steering as the Macan already has a short turning radius and Sports Chrono in an EV.

However, I would consider upgrading to at least 14-way seats since you’ll use them every day and they have the biggest impact on comfort.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
If you’re really trying to reduce the budget then I would skip rear axle steering as the Macan already has a short turning radius and Sports Chrono in an EV.

However, I would consider upgrading to at least 14-way seats since you’ll use them every day and they have the biggest impact on comfort.
To clarify, the Macan has a wider turning radius than a Taycan… not exactly small. :)

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
We take:
  • Every safety option
  • Every performance option
  • Every lighting option
  • Everything my wife wants
    (usually better wheels and sound)

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
To clarify, the Macan has a wider turning radius than a Taycan… not exactly small. :)
True, but slightly tighter than a Cayenne! 😉

I was also trying to keep my budget down but couldn’t avoid picking several fun cosmetic options on my Macan build.