• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Is this new UI a mistake or for real?

rpbrazil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo EV
Country flag
Does anyone know if this new UI is just for model year 2025? When I placed my order it was model year 2024 and the configurator was showing the all black UI. And now the configurator shows model year 2025 and this new UI.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Does anyone know if this new UI is just for model year 2025? When I placed my order it was model year 2024 and the configurator was showing the all black UI. And now the configurator shows model year 2025 and this new UI.
I would bet money it’ll be the same interface for MY24 and MY25.

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
The refreshed Taycan, Cayenne and Panamera are still showing the previous UI.

rpbrazil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo EV
Country flag
The refreshed Taycan, Cayenne and Panamera are still showing the previous UI.
As far as I know the only model that uses Android Automotive OS (AAOS) is the Macan EV. And I believe for that reason is the only model with the new UI. At least for now.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Abarth 500e, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Only the PPE platform Macan EV uses Android Automotive. I think it’s unlikely the older platforms will get the new UI. They don’t have an App Store like the Macan EV either. They’re also much less responsive due to slower processors.

The Taycan facelift did not get the updated HU and Android Automotive, one of many reasons I decided to go for the Macan EV instead.

FrostyFjord

First Name
Ilkka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla m3
Country flag
As far as I know the only model that uses Android Automotive OS (AAOS) is the Macan EV. And I believe for that reason is the only model with the new UI. At least for now.
This Android based OS in Macan is what Cariad calls VW OS 1.2, right? They are already developing VW OS 2.0 too which is more or less a full rewrite. Wondering if the 2.0 version will keep supporting Macan?

I probably shouldn't care too much, 2.0 could take them several years to get out. But as a software developer it would be nice to know that my Macan keeps getting updates years to come.

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I am all up for a modern OS but I am very anti background gradients and bubbly 3D graphics.

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I was wondering if there is a way to send feedback to Porsche regarding the redesign of the UI. The more mockups I find, the more I dislike it...

RunningOnSolar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
The themes app allows a choice of a multiple color schemes. Absolutely not an issue:

RunningOnSolar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
It would surprise me if that is not an option. Often there are more available that are not scrolled into view. Also, there is often a dark/light mode which typically subdues background color effects. Options available through CarPlay and Android Auto may provide further ways to customize. We will see.

Last edited:

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Abarth 500e, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
Looks pretty great to me, and I think it will pretty quickly make the old UI look dated.

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
The design currently displays a shade of dark purple instead of the intended black (unless there are additional color options further along). Overall, the mockups seem to reflect more of an iPhone-inspired frosted glass aesthetic, which contrasts with the clean, streamlined UI that aligns with Porsche’s signature design language for its vehicles. I've attached Cayenne's UI for comparison.

Electric Macan EV Is this new UI a mistake or for real? maxresdefault
Electric Macan EV Is this new UI a mistake or for real? MA24T4COD0004_rgb_low-2
Electric Macan EV Is this new UI a mistake or for real? secc2
Electric Macan EV Is this new UI a mistake or for real? MA24T4COD0002_rgb_low
Electric Macan EV Is this new UI a mistake or for real? MA24T4COD0003_rgb_low-2