• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Is this new UI a mistake or for real?

hulz99

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
https://www.carscoops.com/2024/07/p...awd-variants-plus-an-off-road-design-package/

From this article: ‘Finally, the Porsche Driver Experience digital cockpit has been updated with new graphics and animations for the screens. The new Themes application allows drivers to adjust the background color of the displays and ambient lighting to match the exterior shade of the vehicle.’

Perhaps that color is in conjunction w Provence exterior??

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ah, yeah, this is just Porsche marketing doing dumb stuff. Classic.

I don't think we need to be concerned. I remember for the 992 launch there were a NUMBER of weird, disturbing things that were just graphical errors and not a real problem.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
https://www.carscoops.com/2024/07/p...awd-variants-plus-an-off-road-design-package/

From this article: ‘Finally, the Porsche Driver Experience digital cockpit has been updated with new graphics and animations for the screens. The new Themes application allows drivers to adjust the background color of the displays and ambient lighting to match the exterior shade of the vehicle.’

Perhaps that color is in conjunction w Provence exterior??
Most likely, great find!!
Now @Diego can keep his order. :)

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
A bit better I guess but if you look closer, the dash and the screens always have a tint of the theme so you never get the same solid black dash like it is now. Layouts of the digital dials also look different. Shame! I was really liking the previous Taycansque design language it was very classical.

meerec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS MY22 I Macan 4S PSZUSJE6 Jet Black
Country flag
Fear not - from Porsche’s newsroom: “Porsche has once again completely upgraded the design of the screens for all Macan models. It now comprises an emotional welcoming animation, an updated state-of-the-art look, and the new Themes app which can be used to adjust the background colour of the displays and the ambient lighting to match the exterior colour, with twelve colours to choose from.”

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Here is a video showing the full UI updates with theme changes,
Thanks for sharing this. I am not a fan of this at all... reminds of a big Apple Watch. Porsche's previous UI had a very unique look. The 3D car thing looks very cheap and game-like, it was much nicer with the UI being more graphical. I am thinking of going for a used Taycan CT. I can't swallow the gradients on the dash

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Here is a comparison. I wonder who approved this new redesign...

Electric Macan EV Is this new UI a mistake or for real? thumbnail.cgi

Electric Macan EV Is this new UI a mistake or for real? porsche_100712898_h

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Absolutely we can change the background color to what we like or best matches (or contrasts) with our interior. It is a positive IMO not a negative, just a simple “themes background setting” click.

Electric Macan EV Is this new UI a mistake or for real? IMG_0551

Electric Macan EV Is this new UI a mistake or for real? IMG_0554