• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

I've Got My Lease Options: What's the verdict?

alvaro

First Name
Ɓlvaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X6 m60i, 2023 Mercedes-Benz GLB 220
Country flag
So it's not clear to me if the $7500 credit is a thing on not. Can anyone verify?

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Just sharing some lease prices on Leasehacker (So-Cal) that are posted by a broker....

Electric Macan EV I've Got My Lease Options: What's the verdict? 1729193796390-ei

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
So it's not clear to me if the $7500 credit is a thing on not. Can anyone verify?
If you lease the car, youā€™ll get the $7.5k credit.
And get hammered with a lease cost that will more than offset this credit.

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
Just sharing some lease prices on Leasehacker (So-Cal) that are posted by a broker....

1729193796390-ei.jpg
these are wild... So the macans, even though they are cheaper, the least costs are higher because the terms are longer?

ExVolt

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I just had an informative conversation with the US finance people at my dealer. Hereā€™s the scoop.

- there is no prepayment penalty on a 24 month lease

- however, if you pay it off before 6 months, Porsche will not have received the $7,500 EV credit from the government, so youā€™d have to pay this back. If you payoff after Porsche has the $7,500, then this amount is credited to you. Iā€™m quoting the finance person verbatim.

- the numbers are very blunt: if I take the car with a 24 month lease and then pay it off after 6 months, I will have $4,500 more in my bank account as compared to buying outright. The finance person showed me everything including the payoff amount after 6 months so it was pretty easy to do the math. The reason for $3,000 difference are lease fees and 6 months of interest.

Iā€™m all for an extra $4,500.

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
I just had an informative conversation with the US finance people at my dealer. Hereā€™s the scoop.

- there is no prepayment penalty on a 24 month lease

- however, if you pay it off before 6 months, Porsche will not have received the $7,500 EV credit from the government, so youā€™d have to pay this back. If you payoff after Porsche has the $7,500, then this amount is credited to you. Iā€™m quoting the finance person verbatim.

- the numbers are very blunt: if I take the car with a 24 month lease and then pay it off after 6 months, I will have $4,500 more in my bank account as compared to buying outright. The finance person showed me everything including the payoff amount after 6 months so it was pretty easy to do the math. The reason for $3,000 difference are lease fees and 6 months of interest.

Iā€™m all for an extra $4,500.
hmmm this is interesting cuz this is not how it was explained to me. If you turn in the lease in early, purchase or not, you have to pay the remaining payments due (minus the rental fees)...and that's what will you put you in the hole iirc

Last edited:

ExVolt

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
hmmm this is interesting cuz this is not how it was explained to me. If you turn in the lease in early, purchase or not, you have to pay the remaining payments due (minus the rental fees)...and that's what will you put you in the whole iirc
I have an email with the 6 month payoff amount and itā€™s consistent with what they said. Iā€™ll let you know what happens in real life as it seems too fair and simple to be true:).

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I have an email with the 6 month payoff amount and itā€™s consistent with what they said. Iā€™ll let you know what happens in real life as it seems too fair and simple to be true:).
Do let us know, would be great news!