• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Lucky you. I am in the first batch delivered to Western Canada (maybe the same batch for all Canadian dealerships). They got the cars last Friday and started tinkering with the software the following Monday (7th). I was to pick my car up Tuesday but they could not load the software properly. Going on day 2 so we shall see.
ok update for my delivery. The software load issue is contained to installs done at my dealership so they must have missed the memo šŸ˜”. Anyway the new ETA Is Thursday ( 5 business days delay ). It is a hard stop for them as they have a Macan/Taycan event that evening and have to turn their demo Macan from a brick into a functional car. I will be asking about the nature of the issue. I will post pictures once I get it.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
ok update for my delivery. The software load issue is contained to installs done at my dealership so they must have missed the memo šŸ˜”. Anyway the new ETA Is Thursday ( 5 business days delay ). It is a hard stop for them as they have a Macan/Taycan event that evening and have to turn their demo Macan from a brick into a functional car. I will be asking about the nature of the issue. I will post pictures once I get it.
Yes then they need to download the software update to each car separately. Some cars will have the update done in few hours with no issues and some cars will not be able to get the software updated for some reason. In my case it was a controller they want to replace and luckily have been shipped for Germany two days ago and are waiting on it to arrive.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
Yes then they need to download the software update to each car separately. Some cars will have the update done in few hours with no issues and some cars will not be able to get the software updated for some reason. In my case it was a controller they want to replace and luckily have been shipped for Germany two days ago and are waiting on it to arrive.
My part arrived on October 7th. The dealer was honest and mentioned they were dealing with a staffing shortage in service. They started working on it on October 9th, and I just picked up my Macan 4. After replacing the part, everything is good with the software upgrade. The SA informed me that this issue affects about 25% of Macan EVs. Iā€™ll share photos and impressions tomorrow; for now, Iā€™m fā€¦ enjoying the car!

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My part arrived on October 7th. The dealer was honest and mentioned they were dealing with a staffing shortage in service. They started working on it on October 9th, and I just picked up my Macan 4. After replacing the part, everything is good with the software upgrade. The SA informed me that this issue affects about 25% of Macan EVs. Iā€™ll share photos and impressions tomorrow; for now, Iā€™m fā€¦ enjoying the car!
Congrats my friend enjoy!!!!!

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be deliveredā€¦ or not
Country flag
lucky you, enjoy!

no news for mine, sitting at the dealership since 19/9, so the only thing I have to do, is enjoying your joy šŸ¤©

KAMichael

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 BMW M2, 2024 BMW X5 50e, 2024 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
My friend (Macan 4) and I (Macan Turbo) have both been waiting. Our cars arrived at the port, but have not yet been transported to the dealer. The tracking system has moved the dealer ETA 3 times now, original pickup ETA was 9/20. Nobody has any idea why theyā€™re both being delayed at the port. Do these update issues take place at the port as well, or just at the dealer? Iā€™m in Southern California and even reached out to PCNA, but nobody has information as to the reason or a likely timeline for delivery at my dealer center. We started on this journey with our allocations back in January, after they first became available. The cars were originally supposed to arrive in July. Itā€™s frustrating with no reliable updates - these are both 2024 models, 2025ā€™s are expected next month.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
lucky you, enjoy!

no news for mine, sitting at the dealership since 19/9, so the only thing I have to do, is enjoying your joy šŸ¤©
Thatā€™s not acceptable I donā€™t k is how you are able to put up with that lack of info. Unless the techs themselves donā€™t know!!! They need to be transparent!!

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Lucky you. I am in the first batch delivered to Western Canada (maybe the same batch for all Canadian dealerships). They got the cars last Friday and started tinkering with the software the following Monday (7th). I was to pick my car up Tuesday but they could not load the software properly. Going on day 2 so we shall see.
ok update for my delivery. The software load issue is contained to installs done at my dealership so they must have missed the memo šŸ˜”. Anyway the new ETA Is Thursday ( 5 business days delay ). It is a hard stop for them as they have a Macan/Taycan event that evening and have to turn their demo Macan from a brick into a functional car. I will be asking about the nature of the issue was. I will post pictures once I get it.
25% is a really high failure rateā€¦especially if we are talking about the same part (I.e. the controller). Fingers crossed mine is not affected by that