• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan Turbo EV real range?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After 2.5 weeks and 1700 km my max range at 100% is only 430km. This is better than the 380km at Day 1 of driving but still far below advertised 500k+. I hope the range will keep improving!!
What's your consumption? The "range" meter can be wildly inaccurate. You need to look at consumption. Ie.. kWh/100km

Last edited:

PAB

First Name
PAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Taycan Turbo S, Macan Turbo, 1971 Targa 911T
Country flag
What's your consumption? The "range" meter can be wildly inaccurate. You need to look at consumption. Ie.. kWh/100km
Thank you Frank. Here is the data. What do you conclude?

Electric Macan EV Macan Turbo EV real range? IMG_3870

Electric Macan EV Macan Turbo EV real range? IMG_3871

Electric Macan EV Macan Turbo EV real range? IMG_3872

Electric Macan EV Macan Turbo EV real range? IMG_3873

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, yes I guess, like to drive it as a Porsche Turbo! 😃
Are those for shorter drives? You're always going to get bad consumption numbers for around town/daily commuting. It's inefficient starting the car, climate control going, warming the battery, etc..

The setup Porsche uses is especially front-heavy on consumption and favors highway over city.

So if you've been mostly short trips and testing it out, the consumption/range will look much worse than your actual highway trip range.

21.8 kWh/100 km would equate to roughly 435km of range.
19..8 kWh/100 km would equate to roughly 479km of range

Your numbers will look worse for any trip shorter than 30 minutes than your actual max range is.

PAB

First Name
PAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Taycan Turbo S, Macan Turbo, 1971 Targa 911T
Country flag
Are those for shorter drives? You're always going to get bad consumption numbers for around town/daily commuting. It's inefficient starting the car, climate control going, warming the battery, etc..

The setup Porsche uses is especially front-heavy on consumption and favors highway over city.

So if you've been mostly short trips and testing it out, the consumption/range will look much worse than your actual highway trip range.

21.8 kWh/100 km would equate to roughly 435km of range.
19..8 kWh/100 km would equate to roughly 479km of range

Your numbers will look worse for any trip shorter than 30 minutes than your actual max range is.
Thank you Frank, very helpful perspective. Appreciated.

route128

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Carrera 911, 2020 Tesla Model X
Country flag
OK real world Macan Turbo range results today:

I started with the Porsche recommended 80% charge and the car showed 227 miles/365 km range that is 2.83 miles / 4.55 km per percent of charge

When I got home there was 49% remaining charge with the car showing 131 miles / 211 km range remaining. That is a forecast of 2.673 miles /4.3 km per percent of charge.

So I drove 78 miles of which about 95% highway and I tend to average in the 80mph+/129kmh+ speed range (heck its HARD to keep this vehicle under 80!) with 22" tires and normal weather/temperatures - probably get better range driving slower but lets get real, this is a Porsche! so these is real world results for me. :CWL:

So for actual driving for 78 miles driven resulted in 31% charge used, which means 2.516 miles / 4.049 km per percent of charge. So if I charged to 100% and left 5% reserve because you can never use 100% of the charge that means the max range of the Turbo 22" wheels normal driving normal weather would be about 239 miles / 384 km. The results translate to 201 miles range with an 80% charge vs the 227 miles /365 km the car forecast before I departed (11% less range than what the car forecast)

Electric Macan EV Macan Turbo EV real range? IMG_5516

Electric Macan EV Macan Turbo EV real range? IMG_5518

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
OK real world Macan Turbo range results today:

I started with the Porsche recommended 80% charge and the car showed 227 miles/365 km range that is 2.83 miles / 4.55 km per percent of charge

When I got home there was 49% remaining charge with the car showing 131 miles / 211 km range remaining. That is a forecast of 2.673 miles /4.3 km per percent of charge.

So I drove 78 miles of which about 95% highway and I tend to average in the 80mph+/129kmh+ speed range (heck its HARD to keep this vehicle under 80!) with 22" tires and normal weather/temperatures - probably get better range driving slower but lets get real, this is a Porsche! so these is real world results for me. :CWL:

So for actual driving for 78 miles driven resulted in 31% charge used, which means 2.516 miles / 4.049 km per percent of charge. So if I charged to 100% and left 5% reserve because you can never use 100% of the charge that means the max range of the Turbo 22" wheels normal driving normal weather would be about 239 miles / 384 km. The results translate to 201 miles range with an 80% charge vs the 227 miles /365 km the car forecast before I departed (11% less range than what the car forecast)

IMG_5516.jpeg

IMG_5518.jpeg
You didn’t take a picture showing the trip details by any chance (average speed in particular)?

80mph+ could easily mean 85-95mph and at this speed, the kWh melt faster than a snowflake in the sun.