• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
Here it is guys! I believe #4 delivered by the Dealer, and maybe first 10 in NL overall, or maybe even in Europe (and hence worldwide).

This is the 4, with Ice Gray Metallic.

Some impressions (in no particular order):

- Steel PASM is great, car doesn't lean anywhere - literally take any turn as hard as you like and you stay as good as level. Normal mode absorbs all bumps well. Sport Plus is a bit erratic but on a good road enjoyable (no cobblestone please). Didn't try th offrode mode yet.
- Steel PASM means no height adjustment, but also no fiddling (had it on my Taycan 4CT and was playing constantly with it, but on the Macan it's kind of useless I guess since it sits higher anyway)
- Offroad pack in same color (Ice Gray) looks really nice and adds a nice finish. I don't like the sideblades, so made them same color as the body as well.
- Software is 10x faster than on the Taycan (literally 60FPS, especially shows in the "tesla" view of other cars around - super smooth
- The Macan 4 is no slouch, but don't expect any G-Forces either (it goes up to ~0.6 on g-meter). I drove it back to back with my BMW i4 M50 and man that car pulls hard compared to this (goes up to ~0.86 on g-meter). Macan 4 is same acceleration as original Taycan 4 CT (I don't have the refresh Taycan to compare).
- Bose speakers are boomy (in a good way), yet with quite good clarity, comparable to Harman Kardon on BMW iX3 and BMW i4 M50. I'd say they are a solid 8 / 10 for me. Surely after they "warm up" they will be even better.
- Already had the "pleasure" of testing maximum breaking capacity (pedestrian jumped red light) - and the Macan breaks are light years better than the (original) Taycan. No need to press them so hard and much more responsive curve.

Consumption on the 20" aero wheels (btw they look very decent with Ice Gray - kind of looking same color on the highlights) - 24kwh/100km over a distance of giver or take 50km. This is with stop light sprints, generally testing different modes, and driving on the highway with max speed +5-10kmh or so margin (so 135 where 130 allowed / 105-110 where 100). Weather was around 15c I'd say and slight rain part of the way. For sure this will go down still as I remember on the Taycan my first 1000km was really high, then dropped significantly.

Any other questions - shoot!

Macan EV New Macan 4 EV delivery - Netherlands - Ice Gray Metallic - Offroad Pack. First Consumption Figures IMG_7619.JPEG

Macan EV New Macan 4 EV delivery - Netherlands - Ice Gray Metallic - Offroad Pack. First Consumption Figures IMG_7624.JPEG

Macan EV New Macan 4 EV delivery - Netherlands - Ice Gray Metallic - Offroad Pack. First Consumption Figures IMG_7618.JPEG

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered…
Country flag
Congrats!
What is your software version?
What are the available apps, installed or to be downloaded?

LivingTheDream

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
Very nice looking ride. Congrats. I'm jealous of you across the pond who get to spec factory badge removal. Not an option in the US.

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S ordered PSPRDQM3
Country flag
Here it is guys! I believe #4 delivered by the Dealer, and maybe first 10 in NL overall, or maybe even in Europe (and hence worldwide).

- Steel PASM is great, car doesn't lean anywhere - literally take any turn as hard as you like and you stay as good as level. Normal mode absorbs all bumps well. Sport Plus is a bit erratic but on a good road enjoyable (no cobblestone please). Didn't try th offrode mode yet.
- Steel PASM means no height adjustment, but also no fiddling (had it on my Taycan 4CT and was playing constantly with it, but on the Macan it's kind of useless I guess since it sits higher anyway)
- Offroad pack in same color (Ice Gray) looks really nice and adds a nice finish. I don't like the sideblades, so made them same color as the body as well.
- Software is 10x faster than on the Taycan (literally 60FPS, especially shows in the "tesla" view of other cars around - super smooth
- The Macan 4 is no slouch, but don't expect any G-Forces either (it goes up to ~0.6 on g-meter). I drove it back to back with my BMW i4 M50 and man that car pulls hard compared to this (goes up to ~0.86 on g-meter). Macan 4 is same acceleration as original Taycan 4 CT (I don't have the refresh Taycan to compare).
- Bose speakers are boomy (in a good way), yet with quite good clarity, comparable to Harman Kardon on BMW iX3 and BMW i4 M50. I'd say they are a solid 8 / 10 for me. Surely after they "warm up" they will be even better.
- Already had the "pleasure" of testing maximum breaking capacity (pedestrian jumped red light) - and the Macan breaks are light years better than the (original) Taycan. No need to press them so hard and much more responsive curve.

Consumption on the 20" aero wheels (btw they look very decent with Ice Gray - kind of looking same color on the highlights) - 24kwh/100km over a distance of giver or take 50km. This is with stop light sprints, generally testing different modes, and driving on the highway with max speed +5-10kmh or so margin (so 135 where 130 allowed / 105-110 where 100). Weather was around 15c I'd say and slight rain part of the way. For sure this will go down still as I remember on the Taycan my first 1000km was really high, then dropped significantly.

IMG_7619.JPEG

IMG_7624.JPEG

IMG_7618.JPEG

Looks great. Love Ice Grey, going with it on my 4S. Thanks for sharing, will look forward to more updates on your initial weeks of ownership. Congrats.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag

IMG_7619.JPEG

IMG_7624.JPEG

IMG_7618.JPEG

Thanks for this!

I was debating the exact same color and rim combo and wondering if I needed upgraded rims even though none of them really stood out to me except the massive 22inch ones.

I think you may have swayed me! Any more pictures of the cars with those rims would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@DES_MX :Thanks for your lines& pictures!

Talking about the brakes: I am coming from a taycan 4 S with standard brakes and going to macan turbo. @ my HHR test drive i did not really recognize a significant better brake performance. How would you describe this? Especially you have a Macan 4 with smaller brakes... I am surprised to read this, absolutely no offence.

driege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Very nice looking ride. Congrats. I'm jealous of you across the pond who get to spec factory badge removal. Not an option in the US.

It allows me to remove the electric badge in the configurator for the 4S (I'm also in the US). Actually the option says it removes the model name as well, but the visual shows only the "electric" logo is removed.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Thanks for your initial feedback, I hope that the consumption goes down indeed, I did a trip Antwerp - Utrecht - Antwerp in similar conditions with the 100 limit in the morning and the 135 in the evening (when possible as it was still very busy) and I had a mixed consumption of 21kwh/100km. on 22 inch wheels in the iX. Keep the feedback flowing, I’m waiting on the car to arrive at the dealership, hope to get it by the end of October.

CDW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 3.0D, X3 30e, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Its the first time I see the Macan 4 with Ice Grey Metallic and the Off Road Package. Thats what I ordered, only my wheels are the Design wheels 21” and my interior is red.
its to late now - my car will be manufactured tomorrow , but I wish now that I added the Bose system.

OP
OP
DES_MX

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
Update on infotainment / apps:
- Somehow the car things I have no active data subscription, even though in My Porsche app it says Vodafone contract has been activated (5G & 5GB per month). Anyone with the same issue?
- Workaround is to put one of my phones into access point mode and give internet to the car, then apps can be downloaded
- Vivaldi browser (see photo) is real and works! Any websites are loading well, including streaming and YouTube
- YouTube native app is great as well (see streaming video of Dune 2 trailer) - Bose sound is amazing (Surround mode) when watching YouTube movies/trailers.
- Other apps are there like weather, games are there (some racing games etc) - I didnt spend too much time on this, but I love the browser and the YouTube app. Spotify app is there too.

OP
OP
DES_MX

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag