• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Passing on Sport Chrono Option on a Macan 4 EV -- Mistake?

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I am not planning to bring the 4 on a track and don't like the central clock but didn't know I was also going to miss on the Sport + mode and the Porsche Active Aerodynamics. Any drivers out there that could tell me if I am going to notice the difference? Thanks :)

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
Being my first Porsche, I knew I wanted to have the Chrono option included. As others have said in other threads, I found it to fill that dashboard space nicely - plus the fact that it availed a couple other modes also helped ease the decision.

But everyone has different priorities/aestheticsā€¦ itā€™s what makes the configurator so damn dangerous whilst raking a ton in for Porsche šŸ˜…

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
Itā€™s a resell value option more than anything to be honest, definitely less important on Macan ev than on a 911 or even Taycan for example.

That being said i tested sport plus today extensively on my Macan 4 and it does provide:
- more direct throttle response
- super hard and nervous suspension setting (good for perfect roads less good for less than perfect roads)
- launch control
- ability to record your 0-100 or any other times including lap times
- if you go on a circuit you can time entire lap and save it as a lap
- more intense electric motors sound (even without the Sport Sound package)

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
Oh yeah and super tight suspension for cornering if you spec the PASM

OP
OP

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Nice! Thanks for the detailed feedback. I wonder if itā€™s just software. If so, they should offer it as an upgrade.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Itā€™s a resell value option more than anything to be honest, definitely less important on Macan ev than on a 911 or even Taycan for example.

That being said i tested sport plus today extensively on my Macan 4 and it does provide:
- more direct throttle response
- super hard and nervous suspension setting (good for perfect roads less good for less than perfect roads)
- launch control
- ability to record your 0-100 or any other times including lap times
- if you go on a circuit you can time entire lap and save it as a lap
- more intense electric motors sound (even without the Sport Sound package)
Good list! But note Launch control is also available in Sport mode, without the Sport Chrono package.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be deliveredā€¦
Country flag
I am not planning to bring the 4 on a track and don't like the central clock but didn't know I was also going to miss on (ā€¦) the Porsche Active Aerodynamics. (ā€¦)
I donā€™t think you will lose the active aerodynamics, itā€™s standard an all Macans