• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Soft close doors

driege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S (on order)
Country flag
No, unfortunately. Guess the Macan is not premium enough.
I've never understood the point of soft close doors in cars. They're not like drawers where you can push them closed and then it slows them down / softens things.

For them to work, you have to do some weird maneuver where you very gently push the door against the frame but not too hard and then let the mechanism pull it fully closed. What is the point of this? Every time I've had a car with soft close doors, I've continued to close the doors like a normal person and the feature was pointless.

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
I thought the same until I specced and used them on a previous car.

Either you adjust how you close them or not.

I don’t like the slamming car door noise - the lack of noise signifies quality.

Very subjective, but to me it shows the Macan is the baby car and the Cayenne is the luxury model.

Every time I see and get into a new Cayenne in the dealership, I’m tempted to hold fire on the Macan EV and wait for the Cayenne (for lots of reasons, not soft doors!).

I need to get something in April 26 though as current lease ends then.

Last edited: