• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Instrument Cluster failure issue (does not turn on and stays blank / dark)

dmd

First Name
Bo Hu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
I got my Macan Turbo EV only 2 days ago. This morning, the Instrument Cluster doesn’t turn on. I locked the vehicle and tried to turn it on again and again. But It still doesn’t work. Does anyone have encountered the same problem?

View attachment 59766

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
😶 they should have stayed with whatever was already working (sort of) for the taycan despite the performance issues. Holding the volume button for 30sec resets the system.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
😶 they should have stayed with whatever was already working (sort of) for the taycan despite the performance issues.
With this reasoning we’d still be traveling on horses and warming ourselves with fires. 😜

Last edited:

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
With this reasoning we’d still be traveling on horses and warming ourselves with fires. 😜
Totally agree with you 😅 I am actually happy to see Porsche of all brands trying new things. They could have done a beta testing channel and release things gradually even tho with a platform switch like this, not sure they could have.

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
ohh no...this is the type of stuff I saw all over the Cadillac lyriq forums...and what brough to me to look at a porsche instead...
i hope this is a one off.
sorry to hear that.

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
Let us know it all worked out. Any info on self fix process or dealer intervention would be good.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
I got my Macan Turbo EV only 2 days ago. This morning, the Instrument Cluster doesn’t turn on. I locked the vehicle and tried to turn it on again and again. But It still doesn’t work. Does anyone have encountered the same problem?

View attachment 59766
This happened casually on my way XC40 in my Tesla. it seems to require a system reboot or reset. Let us know if that works

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Yes happened to me too 1'/15 times in 3 years with my Tesla M3: main (and only) display black BUT everything was working fine. Reset and it turned back to life. Hope it works for you. Notice (but I think it applies only to "center" screen) that if you push and keep pushed the knob near the climate controls for 3/4 seconds a message is shown asking if you want to turn off the screen.