• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

First drive home - Comments and issues

gianteli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
Took delivery this morning of my Ice Gray Turbo. Overall, very happy with it and find it a big improvement on the traded-in Taycan. First, some impressions:
- The UI is far more crisp and responsive than in the Taycan. It looks similar enough that you might think the center stack (sorry for the old school terminology) has the same roots, but it's a mile ahead. Most of the menus are similar too, so navigating around to find something shouldn't be a challenge if you're coming from a newer Porsche.
- The driving dynamics are great, but I've found myself being more careful heading into curves when I probably don't need to be. This may be due to the seating position, which while very comfortable, is much higher off the ground than I'm used to.
- Four-wheel steering is a bit of a game changer; the increased stability is noticeable at highway speeds and I have a much improved k-turn to back into my driveway. First time doing it I nearly clipped a wall as the turning radius was far tighter than I was expecting. 5% doesn't sound like much but it's a big impact.
- I took the 21's and the road noise is...noisy. I was actually surprised at what I was hearing in-cabin, but I'll give it a few trips before judging.
- I have innodrive, but can't activate it as it says "Adaptive Cruise Control not available, Driver's seatbelt unfastened". Opened ticket with dealer.
- The passenger belt buckle does a good job of hitting the inside of the b-pillar and making an awful racket during normal driving. I'll probably find some felt tape to add to the leading edge.
- There are still some software issues, especially with the integration with the IOS app. I haven't been able to activate Plug and Charge nor add the car to the apple maps ev routing module. The former might just be the back end needing to sync after I activated the charging card only an hour or so prior.
- The footwells are much wider than in the taycan, so my muscle-memory leg position is about 4" off.

That's about it so far...I really like the color and deleted all the exterior turbonite painted bits (except for the front airblades...missed that one and it will annoy me). Again, overall it made a great first impression.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@Awaz yes I've already ordered since passenger seatbelt "clash" is the only "noise problem" I found up to date.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@gianteli congrats for your car and thanks for your first impressions. I can tell you that in a few km you'll enjoy more and more car dynamics.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
You mean there is a newer version of the one I provided in the link?
No I was saying that the seatbelt noise is the only noise I found in the car since I picked up ;)
I ordered exactly the one in the link you posted.

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Took delivery this morning of my Ice Gray Turbo. Overall, very happy with it and find it a big improvement on the traded-in Taycan. First, some impressions:
- The UI is far more crisp and responsive than in the Taycan. It looks similar enough that you might think the center stack (sorry for the old school terminology) has the same roots, but it's a mile ahead. Most of the menus are similar too, so navigating around to find something shouldn't be a challenge if you're coming from a newer Porsche.
- The driving dynamics are great, but I've found myself being more careful heading into curves when I probably don't need to be. This may be due to the seating position, which while very comfortable, is much higher off the ground than I'm used to.
- Four-wheel steering is a bit of a game changer; the increased stability is noticeable at highway speeds and I have a much improved k-turn to back into my driveway. First time doing it I nearly clipped a wall as the turning radius was far tighter than I was expecting. 5% doesn't sound like much but it's a big impact.
- I took the 21's and the road noise is...noisy. I was actually surprised at what I was hearing in-cabin, but I'll give it a few trips before judging.
- I have innodrive, but can't activate it as it says "Adaptive Cruise Control not available, Driver's seatbelt unfastened". Opened ticket with dealer.
- The passenger belt buckle does a good job of hitting the inside of the b-pillar and making an awful racket during normal driving. I'll probably find some felt tape to add to the leading edge.
- There are still some software issues, especially with the integration with the IOS app. I haven't been able to activate Plug and Charge nor add the car to the apple maps ev routing module. The former might just be the back end needing to sync after I activated the charging card only an hour or so prior.
- The footwells are much wider than in the taycan, so my muscle-memory leg position is about 4" off.

That's about it so far...I really like the color and deleted all the exterior turbonite painted bits (except for the front airblades...missed that one and it will annoy me). Again, overall it made a great first impression.
Do you have the laminated glass option? I got the 22" and now I'm worried it will be really noisy inside.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
21" with Michelin tires, acoustic, thermal and privacy glass and I have to say there's no so much noise (coming from a Tesla M3 with only driver and front passenger laminated glass)..

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT, 356(1963), Macan Turbo EV (on order)
Country flag
There is a delay, if you order acoustic glass, with a couple of months.
wanted to add, but passed because of delay time.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@macanchan Checked with my SA on this aspect (strange also for me and only the passenger seatbelt has a plastic bar to stop the seatbelt hook) and he says he wrote to Porsche to have more details about this. He hasn’t got any reply since then.

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@macanchan Checked with my SA on this aspect (strange also for me and only the passenger seatbelt has a plastic bar to stop the seatbelt hook) and he says he wrote to Porsche to have more details about this. He hasn’t got any reply since then.
so your driver seat belt buckle drops to the floor? mine is at the seat level. usually they are at the mid back level.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
so your driver seat belt buckle drops to the floor? mine is at the seat level. usually they are at the mid back level.
Exactly not to the floor but the button is very low. The passenger seatbelt has a plastic bar that let you set the high of the hook. But since every Macan EV has this (passenger yes, driver no) it should be by default. What bother me now is the “thonk” of the passenger seatbelt against the pillar.

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S ordered PSPRDQM3
Country flag

Thanks for taking the time to review it. Question on the noise. I have still not locked my 4S build (soon). Did you spec the noise reducing glass? I am unsure on the wheels and was hoping to find out if the noise glass helps . Thank you.