• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Any essential specs to order?

And376

First Name
Andrzej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Answering the question in the topic - Nardo Grey :)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
8 way base seats do not have a memory function. Never trust configurator images, always check descriptions, ask a SA, and look for real life examples. The configurator is notorious for showing things incorrectly, but the item descriptions (should) be correct.

Last edited:
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
Sincerely I don't understand what you saying since we are talking about the 8 ways seats. I perfectly know (and I saw them) that 14 and 18 ways seats have 3 memory selection....
My apologies—I didn't get that at first and withdraw my comment now that I do. <blush>

kmeand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport P440e
Country flag
I have a question about the rear PORSCHE sign and Macan 4 sign.

In the UK order code 0NC is for:

'PORSCHE' logo painted in black (matt) and model designation painted in black (high gloss) Exclusive Manufaktur

but the confgurator shows only the Macan 4 changing colour. The description suggests the PORSCHE name should also be black - so I would not need to order it separately. Is this right? Does this code change both name and model?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
I would add the Rear Wiper to the list.
It’s silly it’s not standard by default.
Can't have noise insulating glass if you tick the wiper option (unless this is a bug in the configurator).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
Hi All,

Playing with the configurator, the 4S seems to have most of what I want - for me mainly the innodrive, rear wiper and heated seats for UK weather.
Anything else recommended although know it's more personal preference.
14 way seats vs 8 way seats - will I notice much difference when I have it set for my driving position?

Any advice appreciated?
This is largely budget dependent so tricky to advise.

Standard spec is good and better than it has been historically but some basics are now options - rear wiper (really!!), heated front seats (c'mon!) etc.

Must haves (on any Porsche which offers it):
  1. Air suspension
  2. Matrix lights
  3. 360 surround view
  4. Bose (but question this as the standard sound plus in the non EV Macan is quite respectable if not an audiophile
  5. Performance Battery Plus (standard on 4S) - range will be hit in the winter
  6. 14-way (with memory for seats, mirrors and steering wheel) are a good option particularly if you have multiple drivers. I miss it on my wife's Macan T.
  7. Heated steering wheel
  8. Seat heating (should be standard in front but apparently isn't)
  9. Panoramic roof
  10. Roof rails
  11. Power Steering Plus (speed sensitive assistance)
No EVSE as standard now so you'll need at charging point at home (32A end to end) if you don't have one already.

Nice to have:
  1. Heated front screen (clears ice quicky)
  2. Electric towbar
  3. Painted plastic bits
  4. Extended leather interior
  5. Powered charge port doors
  6. Sports Chrono
  7. Rear Axle steering - not really needed on the Macan (I have it on my Taycan and is useful)
  8. PTV (Torque Vectoring)
  9. Homelink (if you garage your car and have powered doors)
  10. Comfort Access
  11. HUD
  12. Reversible rear loadspace mat
Things I'd avoid:
  1. Electric sport sound (awful and tedious)
  2. 21" rims - nice to look at but will impact range
  3. Passenger screen
  4. Innodrive (highly dependent on accurate mapping and road signage - can frustrate)

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
[*]Rear Axle steering - not really needed on the Macan (I have it on my Taycan and is useful)
There was a convo on this previously, question was whether it made sense on a Macan - general impression was that it was indeed not as useful as on a Taycan.

As it turns out, the Macan has a higher turning diameter than the Taycan, and marginally better with RWS.

Turning circle diameter:
- Macan EV (no RWS): 39.7 ft
- Macan EV (RWS): 36.4 ft
- Taycan (no RWS): 38.4
- Taycan (RWS): 36.7 ft

So if it’s useful on the Taycan, definitely worth considering on the Macan too. I ended up spec’ing it.

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S ordered PSJLTQR5
Country flag
Has anyone been able to verify if Surround View 360 is included with the 4S. I have not gotten an answer from my SA but thought I would ask again if anyone has any new information. Thanks I do not lock until the end of Sept so I have some time to figure it out.

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
I know this has been discussed but my dealer still insists 8 way comfort seats have memory on drivers seat but not passenger.

OP
OP
taycanstuff

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Has anyone been able to verify if Surround View 360 is included with the 4S. I have not gotten an answer from my SA but thought I would ask again if anyone has any new information. Thanks I do not lock until the end of Sept so I have some time to figure it out.
I think the UK Spec it's an extra option.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
This is largely budget dependent so tricky to advise.

Standard spec is good and better than it has been historically but some basics are now options - rear wiper (really!!), heated front seats (c'mon!) etc.

Must haves (on any Porsche which offers it):
  1. Air suspension
  2. Matrix lights
  3. 360 surround view
  4. Bose (but question this as the standard sound plus in the non EV Macan is quite respectable if not an audiophile
  5. Performance Battery Plus (standard on 4S) - range will be hit in the winter
  6. 14-way (with memory for seats, mirrors and steering wheel) are a good option particularly if you have multiple drivers. I miss it on my wife's Macan T.
  7. Heated steering wheel
  8. Seat heating (should be standard in front but apparently isn't)
  9. Panoramic roof
  10. Roof rails
  11. Power Steering Plus (speed sensitive assistance)
No EVSE as standard now so you'll need at charging point at home (32A end to end) if you don't have one already.

Nice to have:
  1. Heated front screen (clears ice quicky)
  2. Electric towbar
  3. Painted plastic bits
  4. Extended leather interior
  5. Powered charge port doors
  6. Sports Chrono
  7. Rear Axle steering - not really needed on the Macan (I have it on my Taycan and is useful)
  8. PTV (Torque Vectoring)
  9. Homelink (if you garage your car and have powered doors)
  10. Comfort Access
  11. HUD
  12. Reversible rear loadspace mat
Things I'd avoid:
  1. Electric sport sound (awful and tedious)
  2. 21" rims - nice to look at but will impact range
  3. Passenger screen
  4. Innodrive (highly dependent on accurate mapping and road signage - can frustrate)
Although I personally wouldn't order a few items on your list and have minor disagreement on a couple of nice-to-have vs must have and vice versa, I basically agree with your take on everything shown depending on the personal needs/wants of the buyer.

I will mention just a couple of things. Unless things have changed with the design of the heated front window, I've read that the tiny wires in the windscreen are visible and can be annoying in some situations. I suppose if one lived where windows iced over regularly it could be a desirable option and worth any potential downside.

Also, although it's true that 21" wheels will impact range, if one orders 20's instead of no cost 21's (on the Turbo) you also get narrower wheels and tires; 7.5F/10R vs 8.5F/10.5R and 235/55F 285/45R vs 245/45F 295/40R. I'd choose the beefier rubber even though range is impacted. The 21's on my Taycan have not caused any concerns in that area. Just my $.02.

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I will mention just a couple of things. Unless things have changed with the design of the heated front window, I've read that the tiny wires in the windscreen are visible and can be annoying in some situations. I suppose if one lived where windows iced over regularly it could be a desirable option and worth any potential downside.
AFAIK there is a kind of foil inside the front window (e.g. our 12/23 Cayenne has this feature) and no more "wires".
Just my 0,,02 €: With preheating in EVs i can not see the sense...