• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Any essential specs to order?

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne, Much Missed 911 C4S
Country flag
Agree regarding Bose vs. Standard, based upon Taycan. If you like music at least go for Bose. If you really like music and you don’t want to be tempted, don’t try the £4K Burmester system. I have that in my Cayenne & love it.
i chased down a Taycan with innodrive etc. then one by one turned off each of the assistance systems because I found them intrusive and off putting. Adaptive cruise is enough for me. Without cruise on, in Taycan regeneration can be set to auto to provide engine braking according to proximity.
Seats are a matter of taste. I’ve always had 14 way.
Best to try options, in other models first, if necessary.
if you’re bothered about range, 21” vs 20” wheels could cost you 10%. If there’s an aero option that will also help range. Something I found out post purchase.

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
It is really subjective....I have bose in my Taycan but I am not adding it to the Macan as it shrinks the storage capacity on the boot too much....
Absolutely your state of view, everyone has to accept. Even if i van not understand it…

so don‘t get me wrong: just a try to avoid that other people “ hate“ their standard audio every time they drive….

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
Rather surprised so many have mentioned rear wiper. my dealer said they strongly advise all customers againts it as it has a significant effect on range and little benefit. having driven a Polestar without one for three years I only missed it for the first week and the occasional reversing in heavy rain.

hulz99

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
The thing with the seats is whether you can find a comfortable position with the 8 ways. If you can try them out and you're sure, great. But you're more likely to find an ideal seating position with 14 ways.

In some previous Porsche models the base 8 way seats have also just been worse quality. I don't think anyone has actually sat in the base Macan seats, I believe all of the demo cars have 14 or 18s, so it's risky.

I can tell you I'm very picky about seats and every Porsche 14 or 18 I've ever sat in (a lot of models) has been at least satisfactory and usually good or great.
For the most part I’ve heard the comfort in the 8 way seats for any long distance driving is pretty poor. Also you lose having an electric steering column
Rather surprised so many have mentioned rear wiper. my dealer said they strongly advise all customers againts it as it has a significant effect on range and little benefit. having driven a Polestar without one for three years I only missed it for the first week and the occasional reversing in heavy rain.
Living in Chicago w a mix of rain and snow it's pretty essential. I'm curious in rain without the wiper, the aerodynamics of the car are supposed to channel the water off but will have to see in real world testing if that works! The car certainly looks a lot better without the wiper though, and it's annoying that it's an extra cost option

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
“Significant impact on range” feels overstated. And indeed, depending on where you live, you may not need it a ton… but when you need it, it’s mighty nice to have.

Hate not having one on the Ioniq 5, only needed it twice in 4 months but was a massive pain.

OP
OP
taycanstuff

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
give me your build code - and I'll 'fix it' for you ;)
Here you go, my first attempt, thanks for everyone's input so far.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS2291X6
Still on the fence with the following:
Bose - will need to listen with and without, I used to own a Boxster without upgraded stereo and agree the sound was dreadful but didn't mind too much as it was a cabriolet and just listened to the sound of the flat6, so different now in an SUV.
Seats - will need to sit in a few.
Charging cables - need to check what it comes with
Electric porsche sound - maybe fun for a while, but I think I'll end up turning it off.

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE
Country flag
I have been tinkering around too many details and in a way I can't wait for the config freeze for production to stop :)

I ordered the 18-way with a crest on the headrest and a black leather interior (the ext is Neo Slate Grey), but now I am thinking of switching to the 14-way in red. I am probably going to remove any small aesthetic details too and add the matrix LED lights within the same budget...

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the following options are "CRITICAL" for maximum Porsche brand enthusiasm and vehicle performance - if you don't option them you should probably just bail and get a Subaru/Dacia instead…

Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
PORSCHE" Logo on Front Seats, Illuminated
Personalized Owner's Manual Wallet

with out these 3 options - people will "laugh and point" and you'll be down 40% on overall vehicle range…

:p

FrostyFjord

First Name
Ilkka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla m3
Country flag
Do the standard 8 way seats have any memory? I assume not which feels one big step back when you are used to Tesla driver profiles.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Well, there something strange about this (unfortunately all the cars I saw in first person have the 14 or 18 positions seats):
on the configurator you can see that (edit: for the standard seats) the driver seat has memories but the passenger has not
Macan EV Any essential specs to order? Screenshot 2024-08-01 123328
Macan EV Any essential specs to order? Screenshot 2024-08-01 123645

no mention of the driver memories (edit: for the standard seats)on the section dedicated to the seats:
Macan EV Any essential specs to order? Screenshot 2024-08-01 123428

Last edited:

Bertone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C30, Volvo 780
Country flag
I ordered Porsche Entry even though my dealer said there will be no smartphone lock/unlock solution… thinking it may be some future feature update. Maybe a bit optimistic… :giggle:

But now I see Kyle (Out of Spec) actually dicovered this supported feature in the new A6 e-Tron (PPE platform). 🙏
Macan EV Any essential specs to order? IMG_8774

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
no mention of the driver memories on the section dedicated to the seats:
Screenshot 2024-08-01 123428.png
The memory piece is listed in the name of the seat: “Comfort memory” and further below “Storage of personalized settings for driver and front passenger seats”.

Only 14-way and 18-way seem to have it indeed.

Guess the button to recall the setting is elsewhere for the passenger (or just a mistake in the configurator).

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The memory piece is listed in the name of the seat: “Comfort memory” and further below “Storage of personalized settings for driver and front passenger seats”.

Only 14-way and 18-way seem to have it indeed.

Guess the button to recall the setting is elsewhere for the passenger (or just a mistake in the configurator).
No mention in the standard seat. Since the question was about the 8 ways standard seat I thought it wasn't necessary to address the answer. Sorry I had to clarify...

Last edited:
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 718 Boxster
Country flag
Well, there something strange about this (unfortunately all the cars I saw in first person have the 14 or 18 positions seats):
on the configurator you can see that the driver seat has memories but the passenger has not
Screenshot 2024-08-01 123328.png
Screenshot 2024-08-01 123645.png

no mention of the driver memories on the section dedicated to the seats:
Screenshot 2024-08-01 123428.png
FYI, a pic from the USA configurator shows seat memory on the passenger side (14 way seats selected).

Macan EV Any essential specs to order? Passenger Side Seat Memory

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FYI, a pic from the USA configurator shows seat memory on the passenger side (14 way seats selected).
Sincerely I don't understand what you saying since we are talking about the 8 ways seats. I perfectly know (and I saw them) that 14 and 18 ways seats have 3 memory selection....