• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

shesallthat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Each ca

Each Car is different and reflects the owners priorities. Make sure that yours is optioned with what is important to you. Also, there are plenty of EVs out there if one suits you better, but I’m quite happy with the car delivered to me.
I’m hopeful. I did give a little grace assuming that the car I test drove was just the dealer version, that they sent to give them something to share with customer on launch day. I’m hopeful my customizations will reinstate my excitement when I pick it up Saturday.

shesallthat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Hi,
What was the config you tested that felt cheap?
I sat in both a Macan Turbo and Macan 4. Test drove the Macan 4.

I would say my issues were with a few minor things. I’m a bit nitpicky at times, the higher the price point (and that’s with anything)
  • The black plastic trim around the front and back of the vehicle.
  • The buttons used to control the air on the center console. Pressing it is like pressing one large button.
  • The software is Android, not the biggest fan of android.
  • No sunglass storage space - you have to use the space designated for charging your phone, or leave them out in the open underneath that space
  • The panels on the door, depending on the trim (for example the floor model was a turbo and had wood grain) was pretty, but felt plastic. I tapped it with my nail and it sounded a little hollow.
  • The back of the front driver/passenger seats.. also felt a little like an afterthought to me. But there will rarely be anyone in my vehicle anyway so I’ll never have to really see it.

OP
OP
RunningOnSolar

RunningOnSolar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
I sat in both a Macan Turbo and Macan 4. Test drove the Macan 4.

I would say my issues were with a few minor things. I’m a bit nitpicky at times, the higher the price point (and that’s with anything)
  • The black plastic trim around the front and back of the vehicle.
  • The buttons used to control the air on the center console. Pressing it is like pressing one large button.
  • The software is Android, not the biggest fan of android.
  • No sunglass storage space - you have to use the space designated for charging your phone, or leave them out in the open underneath that space
  • The panels on the door, depending on the trim (for example the floor model was a turbo and had wood grain) was pretty, but felt plastic. I tapped it with my nail and it sounded a little hollow.
  • The back of the front driver/passenger seats.. also felt a little like an afterthought to me. But there will rarely be anyone in my vehicle anyway so I’ll never have to really see it.
The Android OS was chosen as the base operating system to make the software run faster. CarPlay runs just fine on top of it. I use CarPlay almost exclusively. (Definitely I am an Apple fan as full disclosure). Also CarPlay Nav is nicely integrated with the HUD and function buttons as is Siri

Hopefully should not be an issue, but let me know if otherwise.

Plastic is also used extensively in the Taycan also and it is almost twice as expensive.

Last edited:

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
One more delivery day detail:

That switch should require a long press because it is too easy to accidentally activate and not a feature many will ever want or need to use.

it shouldn't be allowed to be activated while NOT in park...that's a wierd thing...
i think it's that button...
I've owned many cars with an electric folding mirror feature, from several manufacturers, and they've all worked only when below a set speed, and if you accelerate with them folded beyond that speed, they automatically fold out.