• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
I will probably cancel my order. I’m not comfortable with a car that can’t be delivered for whatever reason.
Beeing one of the first owners had some value, but now, it has more value waiting for a 2025 car with no delivery issues.
i have worked in software for most of my career. It is a poor software release process when the product goes this deeply into the delivery process (i.e. the product is sitting in front of the customer) and the software cannot be configured without error. The software release process needed to be ironed out through a release testing process long before any product shipped. That said, if you consider companies like Microsoft you might remember in the early days there were alot more bugs then in recent years. It takes a long time for any company, even a company that specializes in software, to get the release process right. Lets hope the learning curve is short for this new platform in the field. I wonder what the Audi Q6 software situation is given they are on the same platform?

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
i have worked in software for most of my career. It is a poor software release process when the product goes this deeply into the delivery process (i.e. the product is sitting in front of the customer) and the software cannot be configured without error. The software release process needed to be ironed out through a release testing process long before any product shipped. That said, if you consider companies like Microsoft you might remember in the early days there were alot more bugs then in recent years. It takes a long time for any company, even a company that specializes in software, to get the release process right. Lets hope the learning curve is short for this new platform in the field. I wonder what the Audi Q6 software situation is given they are on the same platform?
Agreed. They needed to delay this launch to 1/25/2025, not 1/25/2024. My first Porsche and I have a very poor impression of them and don't see myself getting another, was planning to get the Cayenne EV next. Will likely look at another maker at that time unless they really clean up their mess soon, which I highly doubt given how slow automakers are.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed. They needed to delay this launch to 1/25/2025, not 1/25/2024. My first Porsche and I have a very poor impression of them and don't see myself getting another, was planning to get the Cayenne EV next. Will likely look at another maker at that time unless they really clean up their mess soon, which I highly doubt given how slow automakers are.
Has anyone in the forum that has taken delivery had any post installation software issues?

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Has anyone in the forum that has taken delivery had any post installation software issues?
Someone here claimed he went in for warranty repair and now it's stuck at the dealer so sounds like it.

EdInSanDiego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV60
Country flag
My understanding, from briefly talking with a dealer, is that this isn't merely a software update; it's a hardware update too, which is why the dealers are waiting on parts.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
@shawn agreed, but they had 3-4 years to stabilize the platform.
They didn’t succeed, obviously.
Seems to be the same with Q6, we’ll see.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I will probably cancel my order. I’m not comfortable with a car that can’t be delivered for whatever reason.
Beeing one of the first owners had some value, but now, it has more value waiting for a 2025 car with no delivery issues.
Seems your username will be ironically fitting. 😬

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the delays and the variability of Porsche’s effectiveness at resolving issues is disappointing.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
the delays and the variability of Porsche’s effectiveness at resolving issues is disappointing.
Given the huge new issues with Taycans (my last Taycan was a lemon!) and these significant early Macan issues.. I'm actually debating if it's worth it. Not good.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Given the huge new issues with Taycans (my last Taycan was a lemon!) and these significant early Macan issues.. I'm actually debating if it's worth it. Not good.
i must admit i’m also having 2nd thoughts - may not be worth it

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nothing. Everything is smooth and, for the moment, everything works as should. 1390 km on it.
Hi Diego just curious how long did it take them to install your software and were there any delays?