• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
Just to give a counterfactual (apologies did post this elsewhere): Car got to Baltimore by boat. Sat two days at port in Baltimore, then got on a truck. Was on truck for two days to dealer in Chicago. Dealer updated all software and got car prepped in 2 days. 6 days total. Ready today, getting tomorrow (work deadline for me today). It can happen!
Napleton or exchange😜

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
Is this a dealer/location issue? My dealer in UK says cars are coming through and going out without an issue. There were certainly several waiting to be picked up last week and a couple of demonstrators too and I know they came in and were on road in a day as I drove them. I wondered if it was a USA issue as maybe a long sea voyage doesn’t do them any good but I see there are problems in Italy too which should be an easy journey. So is it a training on RV issue?

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Is this a dealer/location issue? My dealer in UK says cars are coming through and going out without an issue. There were certainly several waiting to be picked up last week and a couple of demonstrators too and I know they came in and were on road in a day as I drove them. I wondered if it was a USA issue as maybe a long sea voyage doesn’t do them any good but I see there are problems in Italy too which should be an easy journey. So is it a training on RV issue?
I don't think it's a single issue, hence why there's no solid info from Porsche on a fix. Some have issues with defective parts and some probably (guessing) have software issues due to a specific combination of features. And depending on the part, probably requires a different solution, as well as having to wait for parts to ship from Germany.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
Honestly I don’t know what to take from the fact it took an expert to come from Porsche to the dealership with some technology ,knowledge and or experience the dealership doesn’t have to have the problem fixed without having to replace the part we have been waiting more then a week for !!!
Frankly, it scares me: how do you think future updates will be carried out? Is Porsche will be able in a matter of months to improve the way they update firmwares?
I know that several cayennes hybrid were stucked at the dealership for weeks and even months to handle software updates.

By the way, 4 weeks in a raw since arrival at dealership and no news…

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
From what I hear there is no OTA updates and cars need to be at dealerships for updates. As long as they give me a Porsche loaner I don’t mind but. It more than few days!!!!!