• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
Just to give a counterfactual (apologies did post this elsewhere): Car got to Baltimore by boat. Sat two days at port in Baltimore, then got on a truck. Was on truck for two days to dealer in Chicago. Dealer updated all software and got car prepped in 2 days. 6 days total. Ready today, getting tomorrow (work deadline for me today). It can happen!
Napleton or exchangešŸ˜œ

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
Is this a dealer/location issue? My dealer in UK says cars are coming through and going out without an issue. There were certainly several waiting to be picked up last week and a couple of demonstrators too and I know they came in and were on road in a day as I drove them. I wondered if it was a USA issue as maybe a long sea voyage doesnā€™t do them any good but I see there are problems in Italy too which should be an easy journey. So is it a training on RV issue?

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Is this a dealer/location issue? My dealer in UK says cars are coming through and going out without an issue. There were certainly several waiting to be picked up last week and a couple of demonstrators too and I know they came in and were on road in a day as I drove them. I wondered if it was a USA issue as maybe a long sea voyage doesnā€™t do them any good but I see there are problems in Italy too which should be an easy journey. So is it a training on RV issue?
I don't think it's a single issue, hence why there's no solid info from Porsche on a fix. Some have issues with defective parts and some probably (guessing) have software issues due to a specific combination of features. And depending on the part, probably requires a different solution, as well as having to wait for parts to ship from Germany.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be deliveredā€¦ or not
Country flag
Honestly I donā€™t know what to take from the fact it took an expert to come from Porsche to the dealership with some technology ,knowledge and or experience the dealership doesnā€™t have to have the problem fixed without having to replace the part we have been waiting more then a week for !!!
Frankly, it scares me: how do you think future updates will be carried out? Is Porsche will be able in a matter of months to improve the way they update firmwares?
I know that several cayennes hybrid were stucked at the dealership for weeks and even months to handle software updates.

By the way, 4 weeks in a raw since arrival at dealership and no newsā€¦

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From what I hear there is no OTA updates and cars need to be at dealerships for updates. As long as they give me a Porsche loaner I donā€™t mind but. It more than few days!!!!!

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
From what I hear there is no OTA updates and cars need to be at dealerships for updates. As long as they give me a Porsche loaner I donā€™t mind but. It more than few days!!!!!
Wow that's disappointing.. thought there would be updated via OTA, having to go into a dealer is a pita.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Frankly, it scares me: how do you think future updates will be carried out? Is Porsche will be able in a matter of months to improve the way they update firmwares?
I know that several cayennes hybrid were stucked at the dealership for weeks and even months to handle software updates.

By the way, 4 weeks in a raw since arrival at dealership and no newsā€¦
You need to escalate matter with your dealership management to at least get some details on where and what is the hold up!!

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thatā€™s the problem, dealership has the strongest incentive (be paid 140keā€¦) to solve issues and to deliver the car, and yet, they seem to do nothing useful and they donā€™t disclose details (details about nothing are nothing, Iā€™m aware of that).

What will be the future, in the case of a similar issue with no big incentive?
2 months at the dealership with an old ice 4-cylinders macan as a loaner?
Maybe Iā€™m overreactingā€¦

KAMichael

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 BMW M2, 2024 BMW X5 50e, 2024 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Thatā€™s the problem, dealership has the strongest incentive (be paid 140keā€¦) to solve issues and to deliver the car, and yet, they seem to do nothing useful and they donā€™t disclose details (details about nothing are nothing, Iā€™m aware of that).

What will be the future, in the case of a similar issue with no big incentive?
2 months at the dealership with an old ice 4-cylinders macan as a loaner?
Maybe Iā€™m overreactingā€¦
I would not say that your are overreacting. My Macan Turbo arrived at the port in San Diego (Southern California) on 10/2. It is still at the port with no explanation as to why. Neither my dealer or Porsche Cars North America has been able to provide me with an answer or an ETA. It is only about an hour or so from the port to my dealer, but it is anyone's guess as to when my car might show up.

SunnyB

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Audi
My Macan4 is at JAX port and has been ā€˜released for deliveryā€™ to the dealer (Tampa). But there are 1000s of vehicles ahead of it in line to be released because of backup from Hurricanes Helene & Milton. My dealer says it could be on its way anytime between tomorrow and 2-3 weeks. No way to tell!
Once the dealer receives it, they will need 1-2 days to check it out and update necessary requirements

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why the hell does the porsche factory send ā€œmust be updatedā€ cars?

In the meantime, PCM Android kernel is 4 months old (a shameā€¦) and is not the piece of hardware that must be updated. Too bad, itā€™s obviously the easiest part to updateā€¦ (but they donā€™t, old is better within Porsche, and I agree: classic Porsches).

did you read that: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...gineering-software-error-detection-37230.html

A joke considering the launch of the Macan (which is already a failure).

Yes, when there are so many options, the combinatorics are too high and itā€™s virtually impossible to test each case.
So, do like all the others: provide customers with pack of options, and accept that the firmware is able to be updated even though there are discrepancies coming from the onboard electronics.
Stop being German: you have to accept that your software must be able to operate a car with defaults, the limit is when these defaults create risksā€¦
Make the logs and warning precise and understandable by tech and even end consumers.
And so onā€¦

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Why the hell does the porsche factory send ā€œmust be updatedā€ cars?

In the meantime, PCM Android kernel is 4 months old (a shameā€¦) and is not the piece of hardware that must be updated. Too bad, itā€™s obviously the easiest part to updateā€¦ (but they donā€™t, old is better within Porsche, and I agree: classic Porsches).

did you read that: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...gineering-software-error-detection-37230.html

A joke considering the launch of the Macan (which is already a failure).

Yes, when there are so many options, the combinatorics are too high and itā€™s virtually impossible to test each case.
So, do like all the others: provide customers with pack of options, and accept that the firmware is able to be updated even though there are discrepancies coming from the onboard electronics.
Stop being German: you have to accept that your software must be able to operate a car with defaults, the limit is when these defaults create risksā€¦
Make the logs and warning precise and understandable by tech and even end consumers.
And so onā€¦
Porsche is struggling with digital - analog watching making mastery is no longer sufficient and they have no clue how to do software systemsā€¦it's painful to watch in real time.

alvaro

First Name
Ɓlvaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X6 m60i, 2023 Mercedes-Benz GLB 220
Country flag
My Macan4 is at JAX port and has been ā€˜released for deliveryā€™ to the dealer (Tampa). But there are 1000s of vehicles ahead of it in line to be released because of backup from Hurricanes Helene & Milton. My dealer says it could be on its way anytime between tomorrow and 2-3 weeks. No way to tell!
Once the dealer receives it, they will need 1-2 days to check it out and update necessary requirements
I just got the news that releases will around November now.... Not trilled about that.