• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag
Hello to all,

I got my Macan delivered a few days ago and here are my impressions. For context I own a 911 (992 4s Cabriolet), a Taycan GTS and had a Macan Diesel until last Year. Also tested a Cayenne. First a few pictures, then I will give first impressions, likes and dislikes and compare with the other Porsches I mentioned.

Electric Macan EV Macan EV Turbo Volcano Grey review (after first days coming from Taycan, 911 and ICE Macan) MacanEV (1)
Electric Macan EV Macan EV Turbo Volcano Grey review (after first days coming from Taycan, 911 and ICE Macan) MacanEV2
Electric Macan EV Macan EV Turbo Volcano Grey review (after first days coming from Taycan, 911 and ICE Macan) MacanEV3
Electric Macan EV Macan EV Turbo Volcano Grey review (after first days coming from Taycan, 911 and ICE Macan) MacanEV4

Electric Macan EV Macan EV Turbo Volcano Grey review (after first days coming from Taycan, 911 and ICE Macan) MacanEV5

First impressions>

Looks

Exterior:
The car looks amazing, to be honest I was surprised with how nice the car looks from all angles. Everyone who sees it loves the car. The feedback was not the same with a Cayenne for example that I test-rode for a few days, the Macan is unanimous unlike the Cayenne.
My best surprise are the 21 inch Macan Turbo wheels. I went for them because in the simulator they looked great and for range. Yes, range is important for me, I have a vacation house 325km from home and I want to go there in normal highway speed. In the Taycan I did it once arrived with 4% and really had to commit to 120km/h that feels like sleeping speed on a Taycan GTS... In the Taycan I had spyder 21 inch wheels and I was always told it would reduce range, so as they look so good I am glad I went for them. They look bigger than the other 21 inch I dont know why...

Interior: The interior is very spacious much more than the Taycan (kids always complained when the 3 had to go) and wider than Macan ICE. In terms of quality the Taycan GTS with all the Alcantara interior feels more luxurious and more involving. My Macan ICE had beige interior and the Cayenne also. The Macan EV feels like a Cayenne and maybe because I went with crayon, does not feel any smaller than the Cayenne.

Comfort

The Macan EV has a very comfortable ride not as upscale as the Taycan that is the most luxurious in terms of user experience, door weight and sound. This said, for city driving the upper position of the Macan EV is much more pleasant due to the better light and visibility *just like the Cayenne and Macan ICE).
The 911 is a pre/historic adrenaline machine. Uncomparable. It is comfortable but not comparable to a Macan EV or Taycan. It feels really hardcore.
Macan EV gestures for opening (or closing) the trunk works the best of all (big improvement).
Unlock and lock features are also working really well and top notch! Better than Taycan and 911 992, MAcan EV has more precise and quicker reaction.

Features

Innodrive
(no reference to it in the car) Top version, big improvement over Macan ICE Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep Assist, also better than the 992 and quite an improvement over the Innodrive on the Taycan.
The seeting wheel is now capacitive so no wheel movement required to know you have your had there. A finger touch is enough. It drives MUCH better in traffic lanes, highway, etc. Not a Tesla but has everything we need.

Panoramic roof
Very very good interior light, not super quiet at high speeds but has a super nice interior curtain for hot days and opens a little like I love or opens a big gap. Great!

Sound
Got the Bose sound and it is almost as good as the Taycan Bose. Only a little lower in volume. Quality is very similar, Taycan just a bit better, maybe bacause I had insulated windows on the Taycan, who knows...

Automatic lock/unlock
Works in perfection, nothing to change, they hit it spot on!

Sports sound
Not as good as in the Taycan, the Taycan has the gear change that spices things up even more, but nice to have, would not skip this one!

Massage seats
Much better than the mercedes, this one is worth it (had on the MB E Class and wife has on her MB GLC latest version), finally. I do a lot of sport so use this one quite a bit!

360 Cameras
Better quality than the others but some times with a bit of micro lag. Does not interfere but expected fluid video...
Top view best of all by far. Maybe on par with Cayenne, I do not remember well...

Matrix Led headlights
Not as active as the Taycan that filled all the gaps but Macan EV cuts the light from the other cars really well.

Driving

Daily:
as mentioned better for daily driving due to the position. Of all the Macan EV is the one that makes me do more little crazy stuff like small slides. So much power and playfull. Amazing. Maybe the power with more visibility helps in this.

0-100: What a punch! Like a bullet destroys all the others. More kick than the Taycan (more 40hp). The 911 is different but not due to the punch, the 911 is much lighter, of course and that noise with sports exhaust is unreplaceable!

+200km/h 911 is the king, up to 320km it goes. BUT from 120-250 Taycan is the king, it flies and best of all at 220 wife does not complain. In the 911 at 180 she is already making "the looks"... No big trip in the Macan EV yet...

Mountain roads
Nothing compares to the 911. Forget it. This said, Taycan more planted and Macan EV right there.

What I would change knowing what I know now

I did a very informed feature selection so there is only one thing that I am still wondering is if I prefer the more spacious and moders look of the Crayon interior or the traditional black. I have been reflecting and would go again for Crayon, but would still be asking this hehehe

Range
Hot topic this one. No huge trip yet but definitly more 100km than the Taycan. No doubts! Always giving 450+ range even with spirited segments of the road. Finally no anxiety and multiple day in relax. Charging infrastructure also improving here in Portugal.

Dislikes

It is missing an update to memorize preferences like: chassis high in normal mode, speed warning, etc. Basic stuff that Taycan had... It keeps some settings but only for a ride or until you change driving mode.

Who was the genius that changed the cruise control stick working directions AND THE KEY BUTTONS??? I have other Porsches and now when I try to unlock the Macan The lid opens!! And the cruise control stick, why change???

Water accumulated from the rain enters into the trunk when you open it in the garage... not much, but really?...

The Hey Porsche is still quite dumb

It does not memorise the "do not warn speed limit excess..." I can disable my limits but have not found this one... can anyone help?

Infotainment still missing the integration between radio and airplay. It is so difficult??? Come on engineers, ride and use the damn cars...

Why no 22kw ac change??

Sum up

An amazing car. Perfect daily driver with quite a spirit! 430km range is all I need.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Thanks for your review @Wawando . Owning the little brother (4) I can confirm many of the evaluation you wrote (especially the water in the trunk 🤣🤣🤣)

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Looks awesome — great review! I’m excited to receive my Volcano Grey 4S at the end of November.

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Hi,

Great write-up and thanks for the detail.

What do you mean about the integration between radio and CarPlay?