• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan Turbo EV real range?

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I don't think that a Macan Turbo could be better than a Tesla MY LR: heavier and with more power

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
Turbo with 20 inch, perhaps, considering the extra weight is mitigated by the extra battery capacity.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, the guess o meter for a new car is going to be wildly inaccurate. My Taycan Turbo S said 190!!! miles of range when I got it, which was vastly short of reality.

If anyone wants help looking at their Macan's range, please post actual consumption numbers. Ie.. battery % or kWh used per mile/km, or kWh/100km/miles along with conditions (wheels size, temperature).

Posting what the estimated range meter (guess o meter) says is a wildly inaccurate way to gauge range, especially with a new car.

Plenty of us are happy to look over consumption numbers and use our experience with EVs to give feedback but we need tire size, temperature, and actual consumption to do so.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
First rides we are always going to burn kw. Thats why we got a Turbo…
I can drive mine at 18.5kw/h and even lower if I drive like an old lady that is very observant antecipating to optimize regen, that gives 510-550km, but so what?
i would rather be in the low 20s (or more) having fun and doing short stops taking advantage of out top of the range charging speed.
😎

PorscheManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3 - Porsche Cayenne Turbo - BMW 320d
Country flag
@rosberg Around 520 km (3% left):
  • 50% highway 130 km/h +-10km/h
  • 50% normal road 70 km/h +-10 km/h
Macan 4 with 21" rims
@rosberg Around 520 km (3% left):
  • 50% highway 130 km/h +-10km/h
  • 50% normal road 70 km/h +-10 km/h
Macan 4 with 21" rims
Hi Diego,
these are very interesting results in real world. Do you had the air conditioning “on” or “off” ?

Do you have any consumption figures in Highway only at 130/140 kms/h ?

Thanks

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Hi Diego,
these are very interesting results in real world. Do you had the air conditioning “on” or “off” ?

Do you have any consumption figures in Highway only at 130/140 kms/h ?

Thanks
No AC here (I had 10 to 15 C during all the trip), air flow on, heated seat on for around 20 minutes. Dry road.
Unfortunately I tried all the driving mode and didn’t payed attention to speed. But since there ways a very little traffic I can’t assure I was inside the speed limits 🤣🤣🤣. The car is so silent and PASM work perfectly that I can’t feel the speed…
Electric Macan EV Macan Turbo EV real range? IMG_5075

I'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

dieterf

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Also, if you’re not aware, there’s a startup period during which there’s no regenerative braking. This is so the mechanical brakes can be properly bedded. It will definitely affect your range.
How long is the startup period?

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
Note: after 600km the range improves a lot(!) I read that regen only started at 600km but I felt some regen so I thought it was a rumour, but today I did avg 17.3kw/h driving normally… I estimate an improve of 3kw/h. Lets see the next days…

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
A little confused does the Regen start at 600 km or 3000? 3000 seems like a awful long time (as a city driver that is)

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
On my experience I had low regen from delivery to around 250 km. A little more from 250 to 600 and now (I had to brake hard tonight and I have around 1050 km on my car) I have a lot of regen (based on the main display counter clock green graphics). You can feel when the regen end and the brakes start to work but it's very smooth.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Regen starts well before 3k KM. The 3 KM is the overall recommended break in, that no one abides by anyway and is mostly irrelevant for electric cars.

Regen slowly starts to add it after a couple hundred KM.