• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
It has been posted several times before but since folks are stilling missing that the UI has twelve different colors, here again isthe official Porsche EV Macan IP chart of options:
Macan EV New Entry-Level Macan and Macan 4S Announced IMG_1240
e..g, so if we do not like the blue, we can choose one of the other 11 colors we like.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have owned far more cars than I'd care to admit but will say that the Macan GTS was perhaps the most 'perfect' car that I have owned- the right size, the right performance, the right level of utility.
I couldn't agree more!

Llarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS (ICE), 2022 BMW M3
Country flag
Newbie to the forum here, doing research on the Macan EV but not immediately planning on purchasing. Re the 4 versus 4S discussions -- for the US market, mind you -- all I've been able to come up with is the power increase for the 4S and surround view is standard on the 4S. I have not seen brake rotor size specs, so there *might* be a difference there. On the other hand, Porsche tends to charge $10,000+ for each upgraded model and the difference for the Electric 4 to 4S in the USA is a mere (cough!) $6,100... so there's that.

kmeand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport P440e
Country flag
Mine should be produced in October now and delivery Nov.

I had another 2-3 dealers offering 4S slots within the same timeframes
have you had a UK dealer quoting build slots for 4S. My dealer is useless and says they know nothing still about dates. I have a 4 ordered (deposit November 2022) and still hear zero from them. If you have. Dealer who has 4S slots I would love to speak to them. My dealer clearly doesn’t value my 5 previous purchases 😂

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
have you had a UK dealer quoting build slots for 4S. My dealer is useless and says they know nothing still about dates. I have a 4 ordered (deposit November 2022) and still hear zero from them. If you have. Dealer who has 4S slots I would love to speak to them. My dealer clearly doesn’t value my 5 previous purchases 😂
My UK dealer says there are no allocated slots yet. What there is is a waiting list (for those who have paid deposits). They have been told their allocations will be back loaded with 90% in Q4. They dont even expect a showrrom model (far less a demonstrator) until September. They may get a handful through in Sept/Oct but don't expect to be finalising orders before then for vast majority of customers. It has all gone back from a promised June start date for them.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I’m based in New Zealand and finally got my build slot confirmed for my Macan Turbo. It will finish production late October. I mention this as we are a RHD market like the UK.

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
A quick update on my previous response. I have just had my dealer call and say that there is a separate list for the 4S and it is much shorter then for 4 as its just opened. If I want one quickly(I don't as I want mine Q1 2025) then you could try them. Its Porche Colchester. The same apply to all dealers.

kmeand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport P440e
Country flag
My UK dealer says there are no allocated slots yet. What there is is a waiting list (for those who have paid deposits). They have been told their allocations will be back loaded with 90% in Q4. They dont even expect a showrrom model (far less a demonstrator) until September. They may get a handful through in Sept/Oct but don't expect to be finalising orders before then for vast majority of customers. It has all gone back from a promised June start date for them.
thanks - I h
A quick update on my previous response. I have just had my dealer call and say that there is a separate list for the 4S and it is much shorter then for 4 as its just opened. If I want one quickly(I don't as I want mine Q1 2025) then you could try them. Its Porche Colchester. The same apply to all dealers.
I have a build slot of September 12th for my long awaited 4. After four emails and dealer saying they don’t know anything about 4S they said today November a lot for 4S is available. It is like pulling teeth.with them. Might try Colchester to see if customer service is better. Thanks.
Just need to decide if I want to change.

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE
Country flag
When the 4S was announced, I reached out to 3/4 dealerships in London (Chiswick, Mayfair, Hatfield, East London) and they all pretty much offered Nov / Dec delivery times

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
How did you conclude that there is more backseat space in the Macan vs the Taycan?

I have a 4S Sport Turismo, and my wife sat in the Macan at Goodwood last weekend. Her "qualitative" feedback was, "It is really small on the back."

Admittedly, she is used to a GLE now, which has a lot of space back...so I am looking for evidence to prove her wrong :)

A
She can stick to her crappy GLE then!

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne, Much Missed 911 C4S
Country flag
The GLE is a very spacious comfortable car, especially with air suspension. And 60 miles of hybrid range on top of diesel range. The existing Macan doesn’t have enough room in the back for adults, the EV sounds no better.
I am however allergic to the amount of plastic chrome on most GLE models.

Last edited:

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
To each their own, but must say that Mercedes which was at once near the very top in quality — being so for decades, one after-purchase study last year had shocking results by a big evaluator (whether it was J.D. Power, Consumer Reports, etc I can not remember), their rating MB near the bottom for most its models.

However we all have different vehicle needs and desires so whatever anyone wishes to pay for with their own money…

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE
Country flag
I really don't like SUVs if I am being honest, and we got the GLE when the little one arrived.

The Macan looks definitely nicer and I expect it to drive much better than the GLE, but an SUV will never be my personal car, for that I stick to the taycan 😂😂

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
I love the lines of a Taycan, most especially the rear view of the Cross Turismo (and it great and easier to access cargo space), but that darn B pillar and its low height are not our friend when doing repeated in-and-outs of the car. Thought hard and spend hours on the configurator but when the Macan EV came out, for us the Macan is a better choice.