• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@TomekGnomek I think that Poland low temperatures are responsible of your consumption... Here we have 10 to 18°C and I am between 17 and 18 kWh/100km (but I don't drive for short distance - shortest trip is about 80 km)

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
but i was really hoping the 4s would slot somewhere in between the 4 and turbo... like maybe smack dab at 300... but it's still all good
That is disappointing. I too assumed that the range of the 4S would be in between the 4 and the turbo at 298 miles rather than the same as the turbo at 288.

TomekGnomek

First Name
Tomek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@TomekGnomek I think that Poland low temperatures are responsible of your consumption... Here we have 10 to 18°C and I am between 17 and 18 kWh/100km (but I don't drive for short distance - shortest trip is about 80 km)
Could be, next week we are supposed to have 10-18 with good weather so I'll check.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold:Taycan 4, Now Macan 4
Country flag
At the moment I'm using the auto regen only going downward (I live at 750 meters and to get to highway/main roads I have to drive 30 km down) but I turn on and off based on my driving style. If i have cars ahead i prefer to simulate something like a "one pedal" drive (something I used a lot on my Tesla but here the brake effect of the regen is limited so I have to be careful and integrate the brake with brake pedal). This is getting better results than when I keep the auto regen on regularly (first day of ownership of the Macan). The only con is that I have to sacrifice the only diamond button we have to control this function.
@Diego I think we have the same driving style ;)

It is essential to assign the diamond button to regeneration.
It's sad because I would have used it to trigger the 360 view, or, here in Europe, to deactivate the automatic speed alert.

Replacing the regen button with a "next song" button is nonsense.
Moreover, the diamond button is configured by default for this use, a sign that Porsche engineers are aware of their blunder.

More generally, as @Diego does, to save energy "Coasting" and anticipation (braking with the diamond button if necessary) are the essential elements.

Exaggerating, for an "economy run" type driving, you should never accelerate (hard) or brake (even electrically) ....

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
CarAndDriver article was the first i've seen to say anything about the rear steering that wasn't glowing. THey said it felt "unnatural" ... which i can believe it'll take some getting used to.
Earlier C&D writers had glowing things to say about the steering. The particular editor that said "unnatural" is a vintage car guy and hates electric steering.

He was also referring to the entire electric power steering feel and not RWS, it's just clumsily written. RWS does *not* alter the steering rack, it is calibrated the exact same. It just changes low speed turn radius and high speed straights.

The steering feel/electric power steering are identical in every version of the electric Macan and every version of options.

Rear wheel steering solely changes the way the rear wheels move in certain situations. While that will mildly change the handling characteristics, it does NOT!!! alter the actual steering.

In previous Porsches it used to fold in power steering plus but that is standard.