• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
one of the visual "cues" that you're looking at a Turbo vs. a 4 - the rear "vents" - I guess this is where the turbo "exhaust" exits the vehicle from the turbo waste gates when the V8 ICE motors is under full power? Turbo charged EV- who knew?:p;):giggle::rolleyes:

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3394

Last edited:

PSPJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne e-hybrid, Model 3, EV Macan 4S on order
Country flag
Hey David- we are set to visit on Tuesday (without lunch reservations). Based on your experience, how much time should we allow for our visit? We are driving over from Palm Springs and back in the afternoon.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey David- we are set to visit on Tuesday (without lunch reservations). Based on your experience, how much time should we allow for our visit? We are driving over from Palm Springs and back in the afternoon.
you can be in/out in less than an hour - 30 min if you’re timely - any longer and your just lingering and chatting because you like hanging out

it’s honestly nothing much other than a 15-20 min ride along

any extra time you spend is any buffer you give yourself prior to your appoinmtent time, and time you spend inspecting the Macan EV on display or just soaking in PECLA

Last edited:

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Thanks for all the pics and comments @daveo4EV, love it!
Also the butter shaped like a car... that's amazing. 🤣

Bummed about your confirmation on the no CarPlay support, even though I expected that to be the case.
The car is running Android auto OS as the media OS internally, but it has CarPlay support ... I even hope it will support Next gen CarPlay as Porsche is really into Apple Tech.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@daveo4EV - Great description of your experience, and thanks for all the pictures! I'm disappointed that CarPlay isn't available in the HUD, but overall this looks like a real contender for "next EV".

Porsche did not have the Macan EV home charger for me to inspect - I was disappointed
No way they wanted you near a new PMCC! They have you name and photo in a list of people not allowed to view these 😀

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
  • RIDE QUALITY IS EXCELLENT - I was in the back seat - and body roll and bump-absorption was impressive. I've driven the PECLA courses, and they have some bumps, cracks, and various undulations - at speed and "underload" the Macan EV was flawless…air suspension ride quality based on my impressions is world class for this type of vehicle and more than enough
    • PECLA has "nurburgring carousel" replica - which is a high camber hairpin turn with concrete blocks with lots of seams making up the "carousel" - take this in a GT3 and you'll test your dental work - the Macan EV was silky smooth - and coming out of the carousel back onto the acceleration straight there are some undulations/small bumps…wow nothing - car just "absorbed" the bumps with barely any notice given…
    • air suspension Macan EV Turbo - sign me up as a big fat yes!!!
    • if there are problems they are not unique or "in your face" - it's a world class Porsche worthy setup.
Great write-up!

For your ride quality assessment (excerpt above), which wheel (in particular size) was on the demo vehicle?

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great write-up!

For your ride quality assessment (excerpt above), which wheel (in particular size) was on the demo vehicle?
this is what we rode in…

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3401

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
this is what we rode in…

IMG_3401.png
Thanks. Wasn't sure if that photo was just one of the vehicles on display.

Glad to hear that you were left with a good impression even with 22 inch wheels. I'm still nervous about potential harshness of low profile tires with our cracked and pot-holed roads up here in Toronto.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. Wasn't sure if that photo was just one of the vehicles on display.

Glad to hear that you were left with a good impression even with 22 inch wheels. I'm still nervous about potential harshness of low profile tires with our cracked and pot-holed roads up here in Toronto.
I think you will be fine - it will be as good as possible for a sporty modern vehicle w/airsuspension - I would be hard pressed to believe for similar road conditions and suspension technology there is something you could buy that would be dramatically better

basically among the set of viable product alternatives - I seriously doubt you can actually buy something that's vastly better for any given situation in a street legal road car...

I'm not saying this is the best possible suspension - but honestly point to an alternative you could buy that is vastly better…

it's as good as it can be given physics, price point and available technology - and it's pretty damm good.

there is no alternative sounds negative, but that's not my intention - I actually mean that in the best possible way.

The Macan EV air suspension is world class no doubt, and probably equal to any viable alternative for a reasonable price point…if you find it inadequate I'm not sure where any of us would turn for an alternative.

that doesn't mean it's perfect or faultless - I believe it's about as good as good can get without going crazy.

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
I think you will be fine - it will be as good as possible for a sporty modern vehicle w/airsuspension - I would be hard pressed to believe for similar road conditions and suspension technology there is something you could buy that would be dramatically better

basically among the set of viable product alternatives - I seriously doubt you can actually buy something that's vastly better for any given situation in a street legal road car...

I'm not saying this is the best possible suspension - but honestly point to an alternative you could buy that is vastly better…

it's as good as it can be given physics, price point and available technology - and it's pretty damm good.

there is no alternative sounds negative, but that's not my intention - I actually mean that in the best possible way.

The Macan EV air suspension is world class no doubt, and probably equal to any viable alternative for a reasonable price point…if you find it inadequate I'm not sure where any of us would turn for an alternative.

that doesn't mean it's perfect or faultless - I believe it's about as good as good can get without going crazy.
Don't get wrong, I'm sold on the Macan and only passed up on an allocation in April in order to wait for a demo vehicle before locking an order. I'm just not confident with the 22 inch wheel/tire profile (even though the car looks best with 22s).

Currently I have the 21 Turbo wheels in my build. Any impressions of the Turbo wheel you can share (recognizing that the Gentian Blue car that you shot had the 20 inch version)?

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
The car is running Android auto OS as the media OS internally, but it has CarPlay support ... I even hope it will support Next gen CarPlay as Porsche is really into Apple Tech.
I was referring to the HUD specifically which only seems to work with the internal navigation system.

Like you, I’m also hoping the new gen CarPlay will be supported by the PCM, I’m all about CarPlay. 🙃

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
I was referring to the HUD specifically which only seems to work with the internal navigation system.

Like you, I’m also hoping the new gen CarPlay will be supported by the PCM, I’m all about CarPlay. 🙃
OH, I did not know that no directions in the HUD of Apple Maps, that is a bummer!