• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
can anyone explain why the window sticker says 11.5 hours recharge on 240v ?

that sound about right? it still depends on the amperage, right?

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Does sound about right and probably based on the Macan’s ability to only absorb 11A from a level 2 charger.

About the same amount of time for my iX which also can only receive 11A from a level 2. Of course that 11.5 hours assumes a 0% SOC when starting out.

route128

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Carrera 911, 2020 Tesla Model X
Country flag
The numbers are lower than anyone expected or wanted.

Also it is dependent on the weather (temperature) and tire size and driving style.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The numbers are lower than anyone expected or wanted.

Also it is dependent on the weather (temperature) and tire size and driving style.
I wouldn't say that. The EPA numbers were always going to be less than the actual range, the EPA is quite bad at measuring EV range.

We already know from real world tests that the 25 Taycan is outperforming the EPA rating consistently, and the earlier Taycans vastly outperformed the EPA.

Basically all this means is given decent conditions and normal speeds the range floor for the Macan 4 is probably the 308. That can drop given specifically cold weather or prolonged high speeds (75+) but I expect most people will see more than 308 miles most of the time.

As for the Brazil numbers, they made me laugh. They're nonsense.

route128

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Carrera 911, 2020 Tesla Model X
Country flag
On my Tesla I have never reached the EPA rated range. Hopefully Porsche is the opposite.

The local Porsche dealer GM responded

My Taycan shows 192 on the sticker and I get 255-298 max It’s really based on the driver and how it’s driven. I can drive it like a maniac and get only 150 miles to a full charge.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
When I want I will get tons of range. I would not be surprised if even in the Turbo with 22”’s that when we really need, we will get around 310 miles range. But with planning ahead, even with road tripping there have been so very few times (maybe two or three) that we needed more than 275 miles to get comfortably from here to there

When I play, of course fun overrides all range considerations.

rpbrazil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo EV
Country flag
Does sound about right and probably based on the Macan’s ability to only absorb 11A from a level 2 charger.

About the same amount of time for my iX which also can only receive 11A from a level 2. Of course that 11.5 hours assumes a 0% SOC when starting out.
It can absorb 11kW which is 240V x 48A single-phase.
My home charger is 3-phase 380V 16A. Also delivers the same 11kW.

Rocket Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 5 Sp, 2018 Audi A5 Sport Bk, Niss LEAF, Macan EV ordered
Country flag
I saw this note on Test cycles on page 17 of the EPA Test Data. The note states Porsche chose to test these at 55 mph and not 62. If this is what they did then the stated range is higher than what it would be at 62 mph, which is the normal test speed. Comments?

"Test cycles: Porsche chose the Multi-Cycle Test (MCT), following SAE J1234, 2017 version. This means that the constant-speed portions were run at 90 kph (55 mph). The total test sequence is represented by the chart below, except that the constant speed was 90 instead of 105.

For the California highway portion, Porsche used the "Highway All-Electric Range Test for Battery Electric Vehicles" per California Code of Regulations (CCR) title 13, section 1962.2 (F) 3.2.1. Therefore, the range and energy consumption values shown in Section 17.08 combine this California-only cycle and the UDDS portions of the MCT."

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Very good catch, though I am not concerned for we saw the videos of both Edmunds and OutOfSpec and they each got over 300 miles at 70 MPH — one with a Macan 4 and one with a turbo. Two other respected EV range testers, such as Thomas@Autogefühl also commented that they expect just over 300 miles.

quaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
Anyone else somewhat disappointment? This is going to be my first EV and one of the things that drew me in was the Porsche estimated ~380 mile range.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Anyone else somewhat disappointment? This is going to be my first EV and one of the things that drew me in was the Porsche estimated ~380 mile range.
Where did you get that 380 mile estimate from?