• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
Think i understand the confusion...

All the quotes for 380 Miles range (even in the article linked) are using WLTP, not EPA testing standard. Figures quoted in this thread are the official EPA standard - what i'm taking as the most 'conservative' benchmark of the 3 'Standards' (NEDC>WLTP>EPA).

From the article:
" The Macan EV is based on Porsche’s Premium Platform Electric (PPE) with an 800-volt architecture. The 100 kWh battery pack offers a maximum range of 380 miles in the Macan 4 and 367 miles in the Macan Turbo (WLTP cycle)"

As a first time EV purchaser, there's so much to learn - it's been interesting to read up on all the differing standards (like EPA Vs WLTP) but also things like charging (Level 1 & 2) and which home charger to settle for... Something to occupy the wait before the vehicle arrives!

For interest, this article goes through main differences between both EPA and WLTP standards
https://insideevs.com/features/695492/epa-vs-wltp-ev-range-difference/

It was literally on every blog when it was announced, pretty sure Porsche themselves claimed it too, here is an example

https://www.thesupercarblog.com/all-electric-porsche-macan-ev-debuts-promises-380-miles-of-range/

Last edited:

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
The 380 mile range was Porsche specifically stating the WLTP rating on the Macan 4 — which historically have been way, way optimistic for every EV tested compared to actual U.S. testing.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
Don't forget that range will be impacted by choice of wheel rim. 22" rims will lead to less range than 19" as will rim styling. Be sure to check the configuration on the configurator to see the impact this can have.

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
I was surprised to see the turbo under 300...just from a marketing perspective I think these days you need to do what u need to do to get 300 minimum in there. With Kyle getting ~330 at 70 mph I was hoping the 4 would get 325 or so EPA. But again hopefully Porsche is continuing to be conservative.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
Don't forget that range will be impacted by choice of wheel rim. 22" rims will lead to less range than 19" as will rim styling. Be sure to check the configuration on the configurator to see the impact this can have.
They don't come with 19".
20" are standard wheels.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
They don't come with 19".
20" are standard wheels.
I know but my comment is generic for others who may not realise that cosmetic tweaks such as wheels will directly impact range.

PaoloPix

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
I would suggest writing here the results of the real tests kW/100Km consumed and autonomy